IGNORED

COVID-19 Discussion and Updates

MZ7Extreme

14 hours ago, stratocaster said:

Could not have said it better.  This is the problem, we are told "stay home",  "stop community spread",  impossible to do if possibly infected people are coming here from out of state and staying in our communities.  Murphy needs to close the border now or our rates will continue going up. 

I’m working on the GWB. It’s a free for all. Nonstop influx of cars. I basically watch the watch the virus pour into NJ. It needs to be shutdown. Completely. 

1 hour ago, Livesintrees said:

I’m working on the GWB. It’s a free for all. Nonstop influx of cars. I basically watch the watch the virus pour into NJ. It needs to be shutdown. Completely. 

As far as I'm concerned they can burn that shit hole down to the ground, once they tracked the first few NJ cases back to NYC they should of shut it down THEN

The President is saying the low end would be 100K people, so I'm curious how that squares with the "the flu killed 47,000 people last year" crowd at this point.  Not in an I-told-you-so way, but just as a serious question-does this change your thinking at all?  Also, that's just Coronavirus deaths.  I'd be curious to know if there are (or if there will be afterward) statistics on how many people died of other causes (heart attack, stroke, complications of some other disease, accidents such as work related, MVAs, falls, etc...) during this period because ICUs were so overtaxed.  When you look at the statistic of "the flu killed 47,000 people last year," you're looking at flu deaths over about a 6 month period and probably some outliers that die a little earlier or a little later, so it could be as much as 7 or 8 months.  Even going with 6 months, that's a little less than 8,000 deaths per month.  If we lose 100,000 in 3-4 months, or about 25,000 deaths per month that's a huge difference in load on the medical system.  Also, the flu is still killing people as well-its not like the flu took 2020 off and said-"hey you got this Corona-I'm out."  

Put another way, you can fill an 18' above ground swimming pool with a 1" garden hose in about 14 hours.  If you want to fill the same pool in 7 hours  or half the time, you're going to need a hose that can flow  1200 GPM, which means it will need to be four times the diameter of the original hose, ie: more capacity:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-tells-americans-to-prepare-for-a-very-painful-two-weeks-as-white-house-releases-extended-coronavirus-guidelines

Edited by Swamp_Yankee

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive