IGNORED

COVID-19 Discussion and Updates

MZ7Extreme

1 hour ago, Jim_ said:

NIH's Dr Fauci was speaking with CNN's Dr Gupta on CNN about exactly that yesterday. Fauci said that there is something else going on with this virus, that they do not understand yet. Why it sometimes so quickly kills a very healthy young adult.

And, I agree 1000% with Senator Schumer's letter to President Trump asking him to name a military official as a czar to oversee production and disbursement of medical equipment and invoke the Defense Production Act.

This is exactly the reason why it was so hard for me to vote for Trump in 2016 … in case  we have a real crises. I was thinking of war, never expecting this pandemic. Trump is profoundly unfit for the job. His stupidity, his pettiness, his inaction because he didn't want his stock market to take a ding … has, and, is killing people.

I voted for Trump. I've been registered as a republican since Reagan's first term. No more. I'm a pissed off M-F.

Just remember hindsight is always 20/20.  Trump IMO was trying to balance a variety of things.  He was truly in between a rock and a hard place, and still is, as is much of the world.  As we've seen there is a massive economic impact to shutting down countries and there is the health risk to human lives by not doing it.  If you overzealously choose one side or the other incorrectly, it has significant consequences on human lives (whether economically or health).  With limited information/data, you have to balance the decisions and adjust day to day as you learn more and more.  He has done precisely that IMO.  And much of his wording and positioning was to ensure he didn't provoke a panic that would cascade the negative effects given the uncertainty surrounding the virus.  

Can you imagine if he came out in full panic, lockdown mode and the virus didn't turn out the way it did?

Can you imagine if the virus was even worse and he continued to push for keeping things open to not crash the economy?

There were no right answers at the time, only best guesses with limited information.  In fact, there still aren't.  This is a volatile, fluid, and quickly evolving situation, so things can and will change day by day.  Looking back it is VERY easy to criticize, but all you're effectively doing is armchair QBing the day after the game was already played (and I'm not in any way saying this is a game, it's merely an analogy).

8 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Just remember hindsight is always 20/20.  Trump IMO was trying to balance a variety of things.  He was truly in between a rock and a hard place, and still is, as is much of the world.  As we've seen there is a massive economic impact to shutting down countries and there is the health risk to human lives by not doing it.  If you overzealously choose one side or the other incorrectly, it has significant consequences on human lives (whether economically or health).  With limited information/data, you have to balance the decisions and adjust day to day as you learn more and more.  He has done precisely that IMO.  And much of his wording and positioning was to ensure he didn't provoke a panic that would cascade the negative effects given the uncertainty surrounding the virus.  

Can you imagine if he came out in full panic, lockdown mode and the virus didn't turn out the way it did?

Can you imagine if the virus was even worse and he continued to push for keeping things open to not crash the economy?

There were no right answers at the time, only best guesses with limited information.  In fact, there still aren't.  This is a volatile, fluid, and quickly evolving situation, so things can and will change day by day.  Looking back it is VERY easy to criticize, but all you're effectively doing is armchair QBing the day after the game was already played (and I'm not in any way saying this is a game, it's merely an analogy).

Well said Mattie!!

1 hour ago, Jim_ said:

NIH's Dr Fauci was speaking with CNN's Dr Gupta on CNN about exactly that yesterday. Fauci said that there is something else going on with this virus, that they do not understand yet. Why it sometimes so quickly kills a very healthy young adult.

And, I agree 1000% with Senator Schumer's letter to President Trump asking him to name a military official as a czar to oversee production and disbursement of medical equipment and invoke the Defense Production Act.

This is exactly the reason why it was so hard for me to vote for Trump in 2016 … in case  we have a real crises. I was thinking of war, never expecting this pandemic. Trump is profoundly unfit for the job. His stupidity, his pettiness, his inaction because he didn't want his stock market to take a ding … has, and, is killing people.

I voted for Trump. I've been registered as a republican since Reagan's first term. No more. I'm a pissed off M-F.

You think Bernie, joe, or Hillary would do a better job? If yes how so? 

18 minutes ago, Swamprat said:

You think Bernie, joe, or Hillary would do a better job? If yes how so? 

Imagine if Hillary or Biden had their kids in senior positions in the white house with ZERO experience....

WOW heads would explode.... 

Does anyone have a source for the demographic breakdown of covid19 patients along race, age, gender, other medical conditions like obesity, heart disease etc?

Also similar on recovered people.

I have not been able to find this anywhere...

17 minutes ago, Hawkeye57 said:

Imagine if Hillary or Biden had their kids in senior positions in the white house with ZERO experience....

Hillary had her daughter making $100Ks  the year of she graduated. Biden we know the story too well.
Who has experience with this type of situation? 

53 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Amen. His opponents would be bitching regardless of what he did or did not do.
I give him an A and cringe to even thing Hildabeast, Biden or any other actual politician was in charge.

34 minutes ago, Hawkeye57 said:

Biden's crackhead, dishonorable discharged son and his partner got millions from Ukraine and China while Biden was vice president in charge of affairs with Ukraine and China.  

Kushner gets paid nothing for all that he does to help the USA.

Somehow you think there is something negative about what Kushner does for us?

P.S. Do you know that hawkeye57 is a Pokemon character?  

23 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Hillary had her daughter making $100Ks  the year of she graduated. Biden we know the story too well.
Who has experience with this type of situation? 

HUGE difference between getting your kid a job (Happens EVERY day) and having your kids with zero experience work in government. HUGE difference between Share holders and Tax payers. 

Who has experience? You HAVE to be kidding lol. Oh idk, people with emergency management, people with pandemic studies. 

Regardless, I CAN tell you- A guy who has never held a job a family member didnt give him and had to have his dad pay to get him into college.....Does not have the experience. 

the sheer fact you cant admit this fact... lol

10 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

Biden's crackhead, dishonorable discharged son and his partner got millions from Ukraine and China while Biden was vice president in charge of affairs with Ukraine and China.  

Kushner gets paid nothing for all that he does to help the USA.

Somehow you think there is something negative about what Kushner does for us?

P.S. Do you know that hawkeye57 is a Pokemon character?  

What does Kushner do for us? lol Yes I think there is a lot of negative when someone with no experience now guides major things like pandemic and middle east matters- 

Didnt know about Pokemon characters. I'm not a loser and Dont have kids. 

Was my Call sign in Iraq. 

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye57 said:

What does Kushner do for us? lol Yes I think there is a lot of negative when someone with no experience now guides major things like pandemic and middle east matters- 

Didnt know about Pokemon characters. I'm not a loser and Dont have kids. 

Was my Call sign in Iraq. 

So you want to bust his balls before he even gets a chance to show what he can do?  You are running out of reasons to hate Trump! 

Biden's son got millions to sit on a board where he couldn't even speak their language, knew nothing about the business and you want to bash Kushner? 

Screenshot_20200323-173414~2.jpg

4 hours ago, nickmarch said:

So you want to bust his balls before he even gets a chance to show what he can do?  You are running out of reasons to hate Trump! 

Biden's son got millions to sit on a board where he couldn't even speak their language, knew nothing about the business and you want to bash Kushner? 

Screenshot_20200323-173414~2.jpg

What has kushner accomplished in three+ years? Middle East- failure. Kushner told trump to treat corona virus as a PR problem not a medical problem. And you say give him a chance? What to f'n kill us? Him and trump have already caused enough damage and enough death during this crisis. I guess you are one of those people who think the impeachment trial is what caused trump to react late to the crisis. It didn't have anything to do with playing golf and holding rallies? Even as we were on the verge of the pandemic trump was asked if he was going to still hold rallies and he said yes. I don't care if you vote or left. But I find it amazing you support a possible death sentence. Your undying support may actually lead to you dying.

36 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

What has kushner accomplished in three+ years? Middle East- failure. Kushner told trump to treat corona virus as a PR problem not a medical problem. And you say give him a chance? What to f'n kill us? Him and trump have already caused enough damage and enough death during this crisis. I guess you are one of those people who think the impeachment trial is what caused trump to react late to the crisis. It didn't have anything to do with playing golf and holding rallies? Even as we were on the verge of the pandemic trump was asked if he was going to still hold rallies and he said yes. I don't care if you vote or left. But I find it amazing you support a possible death sentence. Your undying support may actually lead to you dying.

You libs make a habit of putting words and thoughts in other peoples mouths and making delusional claims.

Kushner is trusted by Trump and is part of a team.

Do you watch CNN, MSNBC and other fake news organizations or work for them?  

If Trump or any of his family had their way there would be 600,000 to 700,000 less deaths per year.

: Trump Campaign Ordering Food From Local Restaurants To Help Hospital Workers

https://www.dailywire.com/news/report-trump-campaign-ordering-food-from-local-restaurants-to-help-hospital-workers

Since the 2020 race has been placed on ice, the Trump campaign has used its resources to buy up food from local restaurants to donate to hospital workers fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Since last Thursday, President Trump’s reelection campaign has been calling up local restaurants and ordering large amounts of food to be delivered to more than a dozen hospitals in New York, New Jersey, Washington state and Michigan,” a Fox News exclusive said.