IGNORED

Farmers hunting already

Hmmm....Farmers with too many deer on their land....Hunters with not enough land to hunt on.  I wonder what the solution could possibly be?  Too bad  most of these folks would rather murder the deer and let them rot instead of being neighborly and allowing hunters to hunt their lands when they ask.  Just sayin...

Yup, and they lease out fields on WMAs for dirt cheap, grow their crops for big cash, then them and their gangs drive out the WMAs during 6 day and permit shotgun, while they lease out their already depredated farms to deer clubs for more big cash. The state will pay for deer fences on their property, but then they couldnt lease ground out to clubs. Great racket they got going on!!

43 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Yup, and they lease out fields on WMAs for dirt cheap, grow their crops for big cash, then them and their gangs drive out the WMAs during 6 day and permit shotgun, while they lease out their already depredated farms to deer clubs for more big cash. The state will pay for deer fences on their property, but then they couldnt lease ground out to clubs. Great racket they got going on!!

It’s public land. Wether you agree with it or not. Driving is never gonna stop and it’s 100% legal

1 hour ago, not on the rug said:

Hmmm....Farmers with too many deer on their land....Hunters with not enough land to hunt on.  I wonder what the solution could possibly be?  Too bad  most of these folks would rather murder the deer and let them rot instead of being neighborly and allowing hunters to hunt their lands when they ask.  Just sayin...

I don't disagree at all. Not one bit. BUT...who's to say they haven't tried that? Maybe had a bad experience with some hunters? Some clubs? 

10+ years ago I know of a group who lost a good lease because they weren't shooting enough deer. A farmer wants them ALL dead. All of them. This particular farmer watched 4 or 5 guys hunt all season wait for a particular deer while 10-20 deer ate his crops. Gave them their money back and then let anyone who wanted to hunt to come in and kill em all. 

Rotting deer brings in predators. Predators kill deer. Kill fawns. Again I'm not agreeing with it I'm just trying to see it through their perspective. 

Majority of the farmers don't care about how many points a buck has, how much he scores, or whether a deer is mature or not. 

Just now, Swamprat said:

I don't disagree at all. Not one bit. BUT...who's to say they haven't tried that? Maybe had a bad experience with some hunters? Some clubs? 

10+ years ago I know of a group who lost a good lease because they weren't shooting enough deer. A farmer wants them ALL dead. All of them. This particular farmer watched 4 or 5 guys hunt all season wait for a particular deer while 10-20 deer ate his crops. Gave them their money back and then let anyone who wanted to hunt to come in and kill em all. 

Rotting deer brings in predators. Predators kill deer. Kill fawns. Again I'm not agreeing with it I'm just trying to see it through their perspective. 

Majority of the farmers don't care about how many points a buck has, how much he scores, or whether a deer is mature or not. 

Sure.  I can understand that as well.    

My take on the other situation is this: If you're hunting a farm for someone, I'm guessing it needs to be made very clear what the farmer's expectations are.   If he wants the deer all dead, you better "brown and down" everything you see or next year you're not going to be hunting that piece anymore.

As a hunter, I hate it.  But, as a business person, I can understand it from a farmer's point of view.  They are taking away $'s.  

I had a farm that I was allowed to hunt but the farmer was really pressuring me kill more does than I needed/wanted.  Ultimately, we parted ways under good terms as my goals didn't match his.  

So, I'm not sure what the answer is.  Maybe they could donate the meat so there is less waste? 

Edited by dlist777

2 hours ago, Buckeyes11 said:

It’s public land. Wether you agree with it or not. Driving is never gonna stop and it’s 100% legal

I'm not against driving deer, but when farmers have their own farms to hunt or lease their farms to clubs, then organize drives all season long on WMAs to cull the herd so their crop fields they lease from NJFW don't get eaten, it does not seem equitable to the majority of license buying constituents who can't find a place to hunt. Some WMA acreage can be doubled in terms of huntable area if NJFW stopped giving away fields to farmers and just let them fall into successional habitat. 

3 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

5 shotgun blasts at 11 pm the other night. I seen 1 dead one laying in the field. 

Unreal. 

Dam that sucks if that is next door to you. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈