IGNORED

Farmers hunting already

40 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Mr Tom I respect you imenensly.My question is have you ever introduced yourself to the land owner to Express your feeling.

I ran into the farmer last year around midnight. I was exiting my farm from checking trail cams.  I hear a gun shot very close. As I reach the end of my gravel drive, I see a vehicle coming slowly down the road lighting up the field with a spot light. I pulled out behind the vehicle. A deer was standing in the field and the vehicle stops and the guy jumps out with a uncased, loaded shotgun. I pull up on the vehicle, didnt know who this guy was and asked him who he was and what he is doing. He gets real nasty with me and asked who I was. I told him I owned the land across the street. He told me real nasty to stop bothering him he had work to do. 

The police show up and the guy ditched the gun as the police told me he didnt have a gun on him. 

A week later, they vandalized my property. 

www.liftxrentals.com

5 hours ago, Russ 11 said:

Unless it's a bird hunting club , who would pay a farmer to deer hunt his farm if he had someone shooting deer at night ?  

It is a bird-hunting club.  The farmer "say" he loses more in crop damage than what he gets paid from the club so no leverage there.  Still better than losing the property.

Edited by Gunsmoke

6 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

The farmer is directly across the road from me. He did the same thing last year. 

I think he gets off shooting bucks at night because he is not doing anything to the doe population

Wow, what an ass. Talk about doing it out of spite. Truly disturbing....

6 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

The farmer is directly across the road from me. He did the same thing last year. 

I think he gets off shooting bucks at night because he is not doing anything to the doe population

That just sucks. All the work your putting into trying to grow a good one on your ground and now you got neighbors with depredation permits that like shooting bucks 😡

8 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

I ran into the farmer last year around midnight. I was exiting my farm from checking trail cams.  I hear a gun shot very close. As I reach the end of my gravel drive, I see a vehicle coming slowly down the road lighting up the field with a spot light. I pulled out behind the vehicle. A deer was standing in the field and the vehicle stops and the guy jumps out with a uncased, loaded shotgun. I pull up on the vehicle, didnt know who this guy was and asked him who he was and what he is doing. He gets real nasty with me and asked who I was. I told him I owned the land across the street. He told me real nasty to stop bothering him he had work to do. 

The police show up and the guy ditched the gun as the police told me he didnt have a gun on him. 

That's the problem with recreational properties in secluded areas. If you piss off a local, they will get back at you.  Tricky situation. My family has 300 acres in NY State. Very secluded area. I'm amazed that the cabin doesn't get broken into  regularly as no one is there most of the time. 

Farmers will always rely on permits to kill deer, even if they have a club on the property. The reasons are simple, hunters are limited to the set seasons and nobody can eat the number of deer that the farmers usually like to see killed. plus, farmers want not part of "let em go, let em grow"  A high fence is often the best answer but not many farmers can afford them. 

25 minutes ago, Shakyjake said:

Farmers will always rely on permits to kill deer, even if they have a club on the property. The reasons are simple, hunters are limited to the set seasons and nobody can eat the number of deer that the farmers usually like to see killed. plus, farmers want not part of "let em go, let em grow"  A high fence is often the best answer but not many farmers can afford them. 

They should drive around South Africa for a couple of days. High fences EVERYWHERE.  That's to keep the game IN though.  LOL

12 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

:headscratch:

First, where did the Farmer go you ran into? 

Second, why would you approach a guy by your self-knowing he just jumped out with a Shotgun at Night on a deserted road? 

Third. Why tell him how you are and where you live? 

Just does not add up. 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

You sure it was shotgun blasts? The farmer near me shoots them all night with rifles, saws off the racks, and leaves them in the field, which, is all illegal. Not supposed to use rifles. Not supposed to saw off racks. And, supposed to bury the ones they don’t eat. None of the farmers I know eat deer meat. They all eat steak. Lots of steak...