IGNORED

Are we blessed?

JHbowhunter

Seems like we just concluded a long deer season, many nice deer were shot, stories shared on here.  We had our first October bear hunts, and got to follow along with those that ran baits for months in advance, and got to share in their success...  Winter gave us a late blast, but it didn't stop the trout opener, many are out and enjoying it in Jersey, PA and NY. The shad run came back in full force - many members are out and about enjoying the purple-silver fighters. Turkey is about to open - there will be many longbeard adventures posted here. I see huge stripers posted, that's only going to get better, followed by blues, fluke, seabass sharks and tuna, then stripers all over again, then blackfish. Didn't even mention the rest of the freshwater menu, like catfish, largemouth, smallmouth, walleye, pike, musky, crappie, etc. Bowfishing anyone - we got it.   Many will be scouting whitetails for the fall opener, many already putting out minerals and working food plots.

I know we are not Alaska, or Montana, Wyoming, etc... I know we pay horrendous taxes and risk our lives enduring grueling commutes. I know we are surrounded by a-holes in just about everything we do...

But - where else can you truly live and get that kind of variety as an outdoorsman? Our deer hunting is not on par with Ohio, Iowa, Kansas, etc.  But we have better bear hunting. We have better fishing, heck they can't fluke fish out there.  Only thing we are really missing are speed goats, elk, moose, 'bou and mule deer.

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

NJ, has a world class shore fishery.

WE have decent hunting for what ever anyone wants to chase.

And great diversity of sweet water  species.

I know for ME, the change of seasons has NOTHING to do with the weather 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

You are definitely right Jack. We have a little bit of everything around and the quality is there if we are willing to the time and effort in.

We pay a lot in taxes and cost of living but to a all around sportsmen this is a great place to be. We have hot weather for fishing and for most part some cold weather for hunting.

It's really pretty good and most of the people are not retarded like in other states. :up:

And we have the best Pizza, bagels, and Italian food in the world. I can fish for tuna, and a few hours later be watching a Broadway play. I have shot ducks and caught beautiful stripers literally at the same time. Blast and cast.lol We have great salt water fishing as well as fresh water. Did I mention crabs and clams ? We have it pretty good here. Many people complain, but few leave.

Edited by Zipper

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

The only people who think NJ is even remotely a great place to live are... A) unfortunate enough to have never lived anywhere else or B) is a liberal or C) is a criminal knowing his pray is usually, by law, un-armed..or D) a law enforcement officer who loves all the action because of C.,.. and E) are lawyers who profit big time off of B,C,D..

My travels tell me there is no better Salt Water fishing than the Gulf Of Mexico, .. There is good hunting and fresh water fishing in almost every state.. How many times does anyone go to see a Broadway play?.. With the money I save on taxes alone I could go visit NYC 4 or 5 times a year to see a play. Not that I or many of you ever go see a play that often.. Food?... I'll give you that one.. That's about the only thing I miss.. When it comes to good eats, Va Beach Va is nothing more than a franchise city as is a lot of this country these days... It's horrible.. But I like home cooked meals anyway soooo...

I know its hard to uproot and leave  the life you've built since like forever.. I get it.. But just because its hard to just drop everything and move to a free country doesn't mean you have to lie to yourselves about how great things are.. Doing so may make you actually believe that nonsense and once you believe it, you may inadvertently ruin somebody elses life by convincing them NJ is not a bad place to grow some roots...

And on a final note.. While some of you are busy prancing around in la la land seemingly oblivious to the carnage around you, there are even more storm clouds brewing on the horizon.. Soon you will no longer be under Gov. Christies Protection.. Soon you may find yourselves Governed by a Feinstein or Nancy Pelosi or  Schumer Type Governor and have bestowed upon you all the privileges that go with it...

Good luck with that... :cupcoffee:

:D

Some of what Jack is saying is true, some of what Axiom says is true also...

For hunting-mediocre. If you're fortunate enough to have private land to hunt, it's OK. Fishing- less than mediocre, way too much fishing pressure and the laws on keeper size just get sillier & sillier, doesn't even compare to Outer Banks, Montauk, or Florida.

For overall value-p*ss poor. Taxes are highest in the country, gun laws way too restrictive, too many cops with nothing to do, and the only place I know of where you have to pay a fee to sit on the beach.  :down:  I guess most of these problems are related to just being an over-crowded state in general.

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

Lots of oppurtunties here in Nj. I dont fish much, I prefer whitetail hunting and Nj is ok. I see lots of deer, see a few decent ones every now and then. I enjoy the outdoors here in Nj trying to create whitetail habitat with food plots and managing habitat. Its a time killer for me until The hunting season starts in the midwest. 

www.liftxrentals.com

I was just thinking about this the other day. Aside from this rat race that we live in in this state for the all around sportsman there is a huge amount of opportunity. So much so that I can't even partake in it all. Just don't have enough time! Lol. I mean seriously, we have a world class saltwater fishery with year round opportunities, freshwater trout, shad runs etc, crabbing and clamming, the full hunting spectrum of waterfowl, small game, deer and turkey, a short drive to shoot trap at night or sporting clays courses. Not to mention our proximity to other great spots like the Adirondacks and Maine. I get to do a lot of it, but no where near as much as I would like. This damn job thing is always getting in the way. Lol

The only people who think NJ is even remotely a great place to live are... A) unfortunate enough to have never lived anywhere else or B) is a liberal or C) is a criminal knowing his pray is usually, by law, un-armed..or D) a law enforcement officer who loves all the action because of C.,.. and E) are lawyers who profit big time off of B,C,D..

My travels tell me there is no better Salt Water fishing than the Gulf Of Mexico, .. There is good hunting and fresh water fishing in almost every state.. How many times does anyone go to see a Broadway play?.. With the money I save on taxes alone I could go visit NYC 4 or 5 times a year to see a play. Not that I or many of you ever go see a play that often.. Food?... I'll give you that one.. That's about the only thing I miss.. When it comes to good eats, Va Beach Va is nothing more than a franchise city as is a lot of this country these days... It's horrible.. But I like home cooked meals anyway soooo...

I know its hard to uproot and leave  the life you've built since like forever.. I get it.. But just because its hard to just drop everything and move to a free country doesn't mean you have to lie to yourselves about how great things are.. Doing so may make you actually believe that nonsense and once you believe it, you may inadvertently ruin somebody elses life by convincing them NJ is not a bad place to grow some roots...

And on a final note.. While some of you are busy prancing around in la la land seemingly oblivious to the carnage around you, there are even more storm clouds brewing on the horizon.. Soon you will no longer be under Gov. Christies Protection.. Soon you may find yourselves Governed by a Feinstein or Nancy Pelosi or  Schumer Type Governor and have bestowed upon you all the privileges that go with it...

Good luck with that... :cupcoffee:

I don't agree with a lot of what you post but, your dead on with this one

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

We also have some pretty good waterfowling at least as far as public land for ducks is concerned. Sure you can go to Arkansas and pay to shoot ducks on private rice fields but we have great public land hunting for a massive variety of birds. Plus our duck season is almost 4 months long because NJ structures our season so well, most states are only getting half that. I certainly think we are doing better than ok all things considered