IGNORED

Are we blessed?

JHbowhunter

Jack no hate but are you blessed your probably paying over 12,000 closer to 15,000 dollars a year In property taxes for your house. Think about that for just 1 min. If you think that's ok then god yes your blessed.

πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

Jack no hate but are you blessed your probably paying over 12,000 closer to 15,000 dollars a year In property taxes for your house. Think about that for just 1 min. If you think that's ok then god yes your blessed.

sure our taxes suck. but for most they are also making 3-4 times the income here , than doing the same job in other states.

which also allows you to push more money towards your retirement.

There are a ton of great things you can do here in the outdoors, with world class fisheries in both sweet water and the salt.

super turkey hunting, super duck hunting . ok deer hunting and all of it can be had for a short drive.

I would bet most guys here havent even touched the tip of the iceburg about all the stuff we have available

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

Β 

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Β 

Β 

split the diff and you nailed it.Β  It's too much, but it's the only write-off I have left. High taxes go with highest wages in the nation, it's all relative.Β  Having spent a great day on the Delaware yesterday, all day in my boat, and once again waking up on the right side of the grass today, Β still feeling blessed. (although the 3-foot surge in the Delaware overnightΒ really screwed me for remainder of the bi-state shad tournament).

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Ever think you have a choice on what your taxes are. 1st its called LocationΒ Location. School System. Residency. Housing Type.

The State tax is the smallest. along with County-Township. The School Tax is close to 70% or more. I choose to live within my means. And after all, is said and done I Have no Debt.( Zero ) Β Lucky NO worked for everything I got.Β 

Accept it Taxes and Death are Certain. Β And Jersey Grils and Us still do not pump our own Gas it is against The Law.Β  :popcorn:

Opps Left out My Senior Taxe Rebate - Senior HomesteadΒ Discount, Veteran Tax Discount. And still, pay Around $ 10.000 on a House over $500.000.00.Β 

Free Fishing Lic. and Stamp.Β  :hmmmer: Β Who's to Complain Β New JerseyΒ and Me Perfect Together ;)Β Β 

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

sure our taxes suck. but for most they are also making 3-4 times the income here , than doing the same job in other states.

which also allows you to push more money towards your retirement.

There are a ton of great things you can do here in the outdoors, with world class fisheries in both sweet water and the salt.

super turkey hunting, super duck hunting . ok deer hunting and all of it can be had for a short drive.

I would bet most guys here havent even touched the tip of the iceburg about all the stuff we have available

Β 

Β 

That's all good until you retireΒ looking at 15K property taxes that could be 2 K in other states for better property. By the time most of us retire the property taxes will be higher thanΒ our mortgages were. Then look at costs like auto insurance which are insane in this state. and very soon you will realize it makes no sense to stay here. Then all the other taxes and fees and before you know it you are living in another state with $20K+ in your wallet per year to keep yourself entertain instead of giving it to the state. Β 

Β 

We are basically talking about two different things. One being wildlife diversity,Β natural resources in the state of NJ, and the cost of living. The first aspect is great although I will argue many states have tons to offerΒ as well and I don't think NJ is on top. The 2nd part absolutely sucks.

Nothing wrong with being proud of where you live but you should also recognize the problems because if you don't see them then they can't be fixed.

Edited by Lunatic

Have to admit Complaining, Crying. Whining, Pissing and Moaning is still Free in New Jersey even Tax-Free.Β 

Planning to live in NJ or anyplace else starts in High School the decisionsΒ you make will affect you for the rest of you life. Middle age is not the time to start planning for the rest of your life. Β 

As LaunaticΒ said You should also recognize the problems because if you don't see them thenΒ they Can't be Fixed. Β 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

It's sad that anyone one LIVING in this state could make an excuse for our high property taxes. ITS A CRIME. Sorry guys I will never say it's ok to rob people.

πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

Was at Merril Creek this morning, lost what was at least a four pound smallmouth and caught a nice rainbow, watched two different Osprey clean house on the recently stocked trout, heard the loons all morning. Tomorrow it's out for some Landlocks. Round Valley has natural reproducing Lake Trout....it goes on and on! All with in easy driving distance! Blessed indeed!Β 

Irish Potato Famine - White PrivilegeΒ 

so you are saying, we are not "blessed"?

Β 

Β 

.. That's a question only u can answer..Β I'm not of the opinion perception is reality however I will say its a good substitute when faced with no other viable options.. And to those who chose to stay, keep fighting the good fight.. Keep fighting for your freedom..My hats off to U.. I'll keep supporting U from My vantage point.. From already free America..Β Though I don't know what good it will do.. :cupcoffee:

:D

You guys in North Jersey probably have it a little better. Our trout fishing opportunities in south Jersey consist of shallow, scum covered, grass choked ponds, there are smallmouth bass in one lake, and the Delaware Bay fishery has gone from a great one 20 years ago to a dud, for most of the year. The back creeks have some decent crabbing and perch fishing but that's about it. If you have private land, deer hunting can be decent, sometimes, but on public land, it's horrible. Maybe there is great waterfowl hunting, I don't know because I don't do it and turkey hunting is as bad, or worse on public land, and good if you have a piece of private land where there are turkeys.Β 

Β 

As for other things, Jersey isn't too bad. You have the mountains and the beach, as everyone always says, but of course, everywhere you go is crowded. The food is good, in both quality and diversity. In most places you go to find better hunting and fishing (which you can do about anywhere in America) Olive Garden is considered "good" Italian food and Red Lobster good seafood, Long Horn is fine dining, and pizza is something you wouldn't recognize. Other than food, what you enjoy about NJ, you can find as good, or better in just about any other State, and much cheaper. We've been looking to move and in 99% of the places we have looked, I can sell my house here, put almost the entire take in the bank, and still get a new house of comparable size, where the mortgage, taxes and HO ins are about same or less monthly than I pay now in property taxes alone. That means I can put say 200K in the bank, and have a new place for less than I pay now in just NJ property taxes. That's just about anywhere in the Carolina's or Virginia, Delaware, Georgia (all coastal states, most with mountains and beaches).Β 

Β 

Sometimes the grass really is greener on the other side of the fence, and for those of us who have lived across the fence, we know it. However, if you have great private land to hunt, and a job where you can afford $1,000.00 a month, or more, in taxes alone (and aren't offended to pay it), a boat to take advantage of some mediocre fishing, and don't mind some of the most intrusive Government regulations and restrictions, and crowds everywhere you go, the grass in NJ might just be green enough for you. For me, the grass is turning brown quickly and weeds taking over the lawn.Β 

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

NJ has two big downsides to me. 1 the taxes and 2 the gun laws. Those are 2 big things and they suck the fun out of all the other good in NJ.

Β 

I live in eye sight of the Delaware Bay in south jersey and I am def blessed in my hunting/fishing opportunities here in NJ and really have nothing to complain about in the hunting department. Fishing I don't enjoy as much so I cant speak for it but we do have good crabbing.

Β 

I do have private land but I would honestly say 60% of my hunting is on public land or waters and as long as I put my time in I have never felt like I had a bad experience on state lands. I regularly kill turkeys, geese, ducks, deer and small game off the game lands and am very grateful the state has so many game lands available within a short drive.

Β 

I hunt out of state at least 2 weeks out of the year. mostly out west and almost always for waterfowl. yes they have it better, a lot better. better access, more game, less pressure, nicer people, better gun laws and lower taxes.Β but for every ying there is a yang. I basically hunt from sept 1 for Canada geese and until end of turkey in may. There is always a season open here it seems for the species I enjoy most (waterfowl and turkeys).

If you train a bird dog the state releases birds 3 times a week,both pheasant and quail. The woodcock hunting can be fantastic during the migration. Not many states east of the Mississippi can offer your bird dog this kind of action.We go on non- stocking days to avoid the crowds and always have action! Plus NJ has the best pork roll egg and cheese sand inches! lol.

Irish Potato Famine - White PrivilegeΒ