IGNORED

Sausage Making

NorthJerseyMike

So I had the fortune of harvesting a 5 pointer and a 6 pointer this fall.  Normally I make ground meat, steaks, stew, and roasts, but this time I decided to skip the ground and save 15 pounds of meat for sausage.  After going on Amazon, I was able to find organic, nitrate-free Polish seasoning and natural casing.  I ordered it and the company sent me some additional spices for Chorizo as well.   I picked up 5 pound of organic pork and fat from a butcher. 

This was my first time making sausage.  I followed the steps recommended by the spice company, the casing company, and I watched a few videos on youtube. 

It took me about 4 hours from start to finish.  Grinding, fine grinding,  soaking casings, running water through casings (most difficult part) and filling the casings. 

Ended up with a motherload of sausage, so it was worth it: (If a mod can rotate the photo, that would be great.)

IMG_2968.JPG

Edited by NorthJerseyMike

"God bless America and the 2nd Amendment!" 

www.NorthJerseyMike.com

UBNJ Member

OLM Knights of Columbus, Kinnelon, NJ

If that's too much for you to consume there is going to be a surplus sausage disposal day at Jay's place on March 31.   :D

Looks great, nice job NJMike.. :up: 

Good idea Rusty.... Also reminded me about this date. I just put in for a vac day off for it. 

Edited by LPJR