IGNORED

What do you do with all of your Euro/Full Mounts?

Ok gents looking for ideas, I’m fortunate to have a “problem” where I’m running out of room for all of my mounts… mainly Euros at this point as I’ve stopped with the full mounts for now. 

I dont want to just have a pile of them in the corner or put them in a shed or garage so what do you guys do? I have them displayed on a tree, on a rustic board, on plaques but running out of room and ideas.

At what point do you start just cutting off the antlers and stacking them somewhere?

Im up to ~30 Euros at this point for ideas. 

(Moving and buying a house with a game room unfortunately is off the table at the moment) 😂 

3 minutes ago, Herd Buck said:gents looking for ideas, I’m fortunate to have a “problem” where I’m running out of room for all of my mounts… mainly Euros at this point as I’ve stopped with the full mounts for now. 

At what point do you start just cutting off the antlers and stacking them somewhere?

About the point where you are now lol 

But seriously, if there’s just no more room there’s not much you can do. When I get my 2022 shoulder mounts back I got a half dozen euros that are getting the axe. 

58 minutes ago, Herd Buck said:

Ok gents looking for ideas, I’m fortunate to have a “problem” where I’m running out of room for all of my mounts… mainly Euros at this point as I’ve stopped with the full mounts for now. 

I dont want to just have a pile of them in the corner or put them in a shed or garage so what do you guys do? I have them displayed on a tree, on a rustic board, on plaques but running out of room and ideas.

Im up to ~30 Euros at this point for ideas. 

(Moving and buying a house with a game room unfortunately is off the table at the moment) 😂 

You could cut some of the antlers off Euros and make a chandelier 

I have two shoulder mounts and two euro mounts

every time I see them I just think about why did I waste the money

The biggest rack I ever shot is sitting in a box in my shed

Priorities change over time . when I was in my 20s and my father was in his 40s he tried to explain that to me . I didn’t believe him

it does happen.  

I've been putting the skulls on pieces of driftwood and on a big Trumpet vine. Looks good. My kids have already told me that they will take a few shoulder mounts but, that's it. So, after I pass away, they will go into a landfill unfortunately. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

I have mounted 1 deer ever (at the taxidermist now). I shot a few bigger than the one I am having mounted. I said I would never mount a deer, unless it was 150 inches gross or bigger (my biggest now is 148). Anyway, I decided to mount my PA deer because my area is not known for having many giants and it was the biggest anyone has shot at my camp in 25 years. It probably scores 120ish. Reading posts like this and from others, glad I didn't mount many as most collect dust.

I have only mounted deer that are unique or have a memorable story to me.  Otherwise, I DIY euro mounts.  Having said that, I move the less interesting ones to the garage or basement.   FWIW I was told by a taxidermist that storing mounts in the garage is not ideal.