IGNORED

What do you do with all of your Euro/Full Mounts?

I look at these in the garage more than the two mounts I pass everyday in the house.  Don't notice the mounts most of the time even when walking right under one in the stairwell.

Have a couple smaller ones laying outside against the garage and a new one soaking in a bucket of water.  I'll powerwash that one later in the summer.  Not bothering to simmer them anymore unless maybe if I get a really big buck

20230127_133333.thumb.jpg.30c0f53d56084facbd771b78e78a9704.jpg20230127_144553.thumb.jpg.08664d6129b6f49e752768f0c7a1f201.jpg

I have a theory for killing bucks. I don’t harvest a buck unless i’m going to mount it whether it’s a euro or shoulder. I have a lot of euros and shoulders from when I was younger but as I got older I got pickier and now I only shoot bucks worth mounting. so typically 140 and above is what i’m mounting now 

i've thought about this to. Having only hunted for 8yrs, I've done ok with 9 euros and 2 full mounts. Planning on making a cedar post display for

my PA euros. As it stands now, I'm only looking to shoot a buck if its "unique", like a nice 6pt or bigger than my  best euro. Same with mounts, its got to beat my best. As it stands, I did not shoot a NJ buck this yr or last.  It can be a challenge to pass some but they all earn a spot in the memory bank.

Yes I bury the buck heads so the Euros are free so I pretty much euro them all, I am fortunate as most are nice mature bucks or unique. I guess the dog chew idea for some of the smaller ones but they all have great memories I just hate the thought of it.

Guess I will have to start relegating some to the garage or shed.