IGNORED

New Featured Content Section - Good or Bad?

BowhunterNJ

Featured Content Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Featured Content section at the top of the page previewing highlighted content?

• Yes, I think it's great!
    • No, it's taking up too much screen real estate (hi Rusty) and taking away from the site experience

Just trying it out to see what you guys think.  It is configured to show 5 featured items, which will generally be the latest and/or biggest bucks taken this time of year or maybe the biggest fish caught recently, etc.  Let me know what you guys think.  Honest feedback is appreciated, all good to say you think it sucks and is an eye sore if you feel that way about it (not counting having to look at @JHbowhunter AGAIN!  Did you guys know he shot a 10 pointer one time?)

I have mixed feelings.  I like the idea of it but I don't like clutter.

I feel like most people hop on to see current threads, so that should be the first thing you see.  I now have to scroll down past the Featured Content and the Contests to see the content.      

Edited by Rusty

I like it!!  Don’t mind the scroll thru.   I was pleasantly surprised and pleased at the awesome pics and the past few days of success from our members.

its like the Wheaties cereal box…if u hunt hard…u mite find yourself on the front of the box!!

and …it is a “grabber” for noobs surfing onto the site and getting blown away by our impressive NJ bucks!!

IMG_7598.jpeg

Edited by Bonefreak

It just adds more to scroll through before getting to the thread content.

I'm also not particularly thrilled with the top banner with lots of blank space being wasted.

This is on a computer screen (not mobile) - look at the large height of the banner with the empty space... also notice how far you have to scroll down to get to the thread content: