IGNORED

New Featured Content Section - Good or Bad?

BowhunterNJ

Featured Content Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Featured Content section at the top of the page previewing highlighted content?

• Yes, I think it's great!
    • No, it's taking up too much screen real estate (hi Rusty) and taking away from the site experience

3 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I like it , nice and compact being on one line .

You and smoking gun we're going to start your own site once,Can't imagine what the site would look like today.:rofl:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

9 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

You and smoking gun we're going to start your own site once,Can't imagine what the site would look like today.:rofl:

Not me , I have zero desire to baby sit grown men on  site like this , nor have I ever

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 minute ago, MGHunter66 said:

Could take it or leave it, doesn’t really matter. Appreciate that you are always trying to make the site better and polling site members as to their likes and dislikes 👍 

Yeah he does a great job but sometimes you just got to leave it simple and leave enough alone. But he just can't help himself.lol

FB_IMG_1631982486348.jpg

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I think the goal was kind of two fold.

1. For new guest viewers, to provide them with the most popular eye grabbing content (hence the featuring)
  2. For existing members, a quick link style to get to these same popular topics that might get revisited/shared often. 

I do get the "repeated" view may be overkill, especially for members that know all about it.  So it's trying to balance out excess viewing from attracting new guests to stay on the site and engage, maybe becoming members.

Good feedback so far, appreciate it!  Thinking through it all! :up: