IGNORED

4/8/23 TROUT OPENER LIVE

Greybeard

Hit Swedesboro Lake and was surprised to see way less people that previous opening days. Not complaining since it was nice to have a little room, just surprised by lack of people.

Fished 4 hrs and got a few bites with none landed by me, however still was an awesome day because it was my daughter's first opener (she caught some nice bluegills) and I got to fish an opener for the first time in 20+ yrs with my younger brother who caught his first rainbow trout ever today.

Yeah we're grown ass men, but it was still cool to see him get his first trout (15 incher) and catch 2 more along with it.

2 NJW&W members 1 lake 0 trout. Me and @mazzgolfin separate independent vessels were mocked beaten and abused by stockies at iona lake!!  Between us 12 pickerel 2 crappies and the lone trout I hooked pulled an amazing escape act as I lifted him.  Just a stockie anyway would have been more insulting if I landed him I think.  This makes 4 opening days In a row that I've not done well. We put on a clinic of how not to catch trout. Guess I'll have to go back it tomorrow. 😆 🤣 😂 

1 minute ago, Coyoteslayer said:

2 NJW&W members 1 lake 0 trout. Me and @mazzgolfin separate independent vessels were mocked beaten and abused by stockies at iona lake!!  Between us 12 pickerel 2 crappies and the lone trout I hooked pulled an amazing escape act as I lifted him.  Just a stockie anyway would have been more insulting if I landed him I think.  This makes 4 opening days In a row that I've not done well. We put on a clinic of how not to catch trout. Guess I'll have to go back it tomorrow. 😆 🤣 😂 

Maybe need to paint Trout Boss a different color.

5 hours ago, Buckeyes11 said:

I’ve been saying it for years. We have an early youth opener for Deer. Ducks. Turkey. Why not trout. Makes zero sense. PA does it. 

I think kids should be able to fish during the closed season period. But u give an inch amd there will be a Danny Almonte saying he's 12 out there with a full beard!!

Just now, CapeCod said:

Culled through a ton of fish this morning with my son. Kept 1 hefty breeder for the smoker. And 1 other above average sized which we blackened in the cast iron for a lunchtime snack. No bait. All on artificials fished run & gun style covering a lot of spots. 

0B36FC69-AA4F-48B1-AB54-B0295BD51136.jpeg

Nice fish, nice going

Yes. I suck . Stocked fish that are dumber than a milkshake, and I get skunked. Got 7 pickerel, couple on spinner, rest on trout magnet which, by the way, I found out are NOT magnets for trout. Misleading marketing!!!

And yup, saw the Trout  Boss early .. looked a little more sea worthy compared to last year...  upgrades look functional. Exchanged pleasantries with the Slayer of Coyotes, but he was in the zone .. Had to go .. trout to catch! Lol:rofl: