IGNORED

4/8/23 TROUT OPENER LIVE

Greybeard

1 hour ago, bucky said:

We need less quantity and more quality fish:up:

Been saying that for decades.  Hold onto more and more for another year until they all are a year or more older than the 9".  Thought it would have happened right after Pequest hatchery was built.  I can see the cost of licenses going way up if they did that.  At least they are starting to hold onto more until they are bigger, but won't see many of them stocked until after opening day.  Hate it when a 9" swallows the hook.  Either have to cut the line or cook it with all the little bones. 

Like mine wrapped in foil with butter and seasonings done on the grill.  Share with my dogs.  If I wasn't going to eat them, I'd go bass, or shad, or carp fishing instead.  Going to go this morning when the temp starts to warm up.

2 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Been saying that for decades.  Hold onto more and more for another year until they all are a year or more older than the 9".  Thought it would have happened right after Pequest hatchery was built.  I can see the cost of licenses going way up if they did that.  At least they are starting to hold onto more until they are bigger, but won't see many of them stocked until after opening day.  Hate it when a 9" swallows the hook.  Either have to cut the line or cook it with all the little bones. 

Like mine wrapped in foil with butter and seasonings done on the grill.  Share with my dogs.  If I wasn't going to eat them, I'd go bass, or shad, or carp fishing instead.  Going to go this morning when the temp starts to warm up.

Good luck you old geezer don't forget the paddle

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

46 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Got 3 this morning and called it quits. Nothing worth fishing for, 9-10".  Cut them all loose.  Should get better after they start stocking again

I know You know it must have got clobbered Saturday!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

On 4/9/2023 at 1:02 PM, Dave B. said:

It's possible they stopped pumping. If you check the page I added the link for you'll see they haven't updated it since Thu. As of Thu there was nearly 55 MGD flowing through High Bridge. Add in the flows from Beaver and Capoolong Crks as well as a couple of smaller unnamed tribs, then add in the release from Spruce which they show at 38 MGD and you have over 95 million gallons per day flowing down above the pumping station. Now compare that to the flow they show for Stanton Sta which is of course below the pumping station, and it shows only 31 MGD, a difference of over 60 million gallons per day. That's how much they were pumping into RV as of Thu. That'll make a big difference in the flows from above to below the pumping station obviously.

If you saw little difference when you were they it's quite likely they either cut back the Spruce release or the pumped volume. Just checked the USGS gauge, they dropped the Spruce release from  53 cfs to 10.5 cfs at 3:00AM Sat morning. They likely stopped pumping very shortly thereafter as well, so that would explain your experience regarding levels.

Thank you rain gods  coming down hard the last hour thunder and lightning here in Clinton