IGNORED

4/8/23 TROUT OPENER LIVE

Greybeard

3 hours ago, DJ0808 said:

Hit Swedesboro Lake and was surprised to see way less people that previous opening days. Not complaining since it was nice to have a little room, just surprised by lack of people.

Fished 4 hrs and got a few bites with none landed by me, however still was an awesome day because it was my daughter's first opener (she caught some nice bluegills) and I got to fish an opener for the first time in 20+ yrs with my younger brother who caught his first rainbow trout ever today.

Yeah we're grown ass men, but it was still cool to see him get his first trout (15 incher) and catch 2 more along with it.

Drove by Swedesboro around 7:30 before I took my son to baseball. Was suprised to see hardly anyone there.  

7 hours ago, Tarhunt said:

The last time that I was out on opening day was in 1979. 

Just around the same time as me too John, after my first trip to lake Ontario catching Kings going for Dinks in New Jersey again just wasn't the same

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

5 hours ago, DWbuckhunter said:

Got skunked at the flatbrook this morning with my son. Slim pickings, water is really low. Can’t believe I woke up early for this.

Welcome top the site!  They don't throw many in until later in the season.  Seems they wait until only the dedicated fishermen are left.

9 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Saved my decoder ring.  Knew I would need it later in life when friends were pushing 70

Smart investment .25¢ a year.lol

https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Decoder-Ring-Deluxe-Version

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Yes. I suck . Stocked fish that are dumber than a milkshake, and I get skunked. Got 7 pickerel, couple on spinner, rest on trout magnet which, by the way, I found out are NOT magnets for trout. Misleading marketing!!!

And yup, saw the Trout  Boss early .. looked a little more sea worthy compared to last year...  upgrades look functional. Exchanged pleasantries with the Slayer of Coyotes, but he was in the zone .. Had to go .. trout to catch! Lol:rofl:

Oh yeah the boss absolutely was the star of the lake. Unfortunately some stoned retard was piloting her around 😆 🤣. At one point I threw her in 5th amd almost mowed over a duck while I let out a maniacal evil laugh 😆 🤣.  Anyway back to fishing. We weren't alone everyone I talked to said they caught 3 or more pickerel and 0 trout. Every time I heard oh he got 1 one over there it was followed by oh its a pickerel nevermind. 

I got 4 on the manasqan wasn't crowded. I think a lot of fishermen were on the bay instead. Had to be at work noon time so I quite at 10.  As far as the youth fishing, I had suggested to them to let them start a hour earlier with maybe a two fish limit till starting time.  there will still be cheaters

21 minutes ago, 3Blade said:

Round two  and only landed 2 more for a total of 4 today. Not one of my better openers.

IMG_7068.jpeg

Nice Mike. My son and his buddies hit the Paulinskill this afternoon and destroyed them on Panther Martins and Aglia's. Not a hit on a spinner this morning. Looks like they turned on once the temps rose today.