IGNORED

i think im due for a new bow?

Kype

i started  bowhunting in 2006 right after graduating high school. drove my self to hunter ed and learned everything on my own. the first bow i  bought was this hoyt viper with my graduation money. now we are approaching the 2021 bow season and still hunting with the same bow since 2006(which was bought used). crazy to think that every doe and buck i ever shot with a bow has been with this. i think part of the reason of not upgrading was because i didnt want to. but i think its time and i am COMPLETELY out of the game on new bows. there some wild stuff out there now but i do want to stay with a compound. only thing i ever did to my bow now was waxing strings and a safety check every couple years from a pro. 

i would say lets stick with hoyt. i mean this one lasted me for a long time. or is this a case of "they dont make em like they use to" 

what do you think

KIMG0170.thumb.JPG.8b0ccb04d64cc75ea71c778744b6c67a.JPG

1019151111a.thumb.jpg.292f123fbb0a1f2c621db876d649bdf4.jpg1019150829a.thumb.jpg.beddb8b4d046e6e9f208d26ff9b53ec6.jpg1019150829.thumb.jpg.0e65276108f72bfb90f444b6fbeb663c.jpgIMG9501551.thumb.png.7a98bce72df40ced3988cc0697458255.png

IMG_01511.thumb.png.433408bd2c221eee33119398c9b7130a.png

Treat yourself Kyle. Only live once. A good bow is one of the most important things a man should own. More important than guns and possibly fishing rods. I am very happy with my 3rd Matthew’s and have brand loyalty. It more important is u find a good local pro shop that sizes you and lets u shoot them all then decide. Too many good bows to say “get this one”. All I can say is choose accurate and comfort over speed and if u are on bubble over 70 or 60# always go lighter. You can’t go wrong with that logic.  Longer ATA and longer brace will be more forgiving but then again my Triax is pretty short but shoots like a bigger more forgiving bow. Best advice I can ever give anyone. 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

If you can afford it, then treat yourself.  If you need to put it on a credit card, then wait another year.  

If you're buying, shoot everything you can get your hands on and then decide what feels best.  They're all making great bows these days.  I like PSE, Bowtech and Prime.  Others like Matthews or Hoyt.  Gotta shoot what you like

i would rather stick with hoyt. i cant complain. the hoyt viper i have had all this time has yet to let me down. its funny because i remember buying this hoyt and thinking to myself "yeah this will do for now" and here i am in 2021 with the same bow lol. who knows maybe i dont need to upgrade. i could use the money and just buy new arrow rest, string,etc..not sure what to do, but will take this bow to my grave. 

The Darton I use is 21 years old.  I don't see any reason to upgrade it at all.  Works perfectly, and I take care of my stuff.  I have it inspected by my local bowyer every year before I take it into the woods.  It's been a fantastic bow over the years.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Wasn't a big fan of going to the compound, my first was a bear Alaskan. This is my second bow.Still have it.Hoyt Aspen that I bought from God knows when from Ray's sports shop. , fell in love with this bow because of the recurved limbs,(split carbon)..

My Hoyt Aspen 003.JPG

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Like some others have said shoot some and see how they feel to you. My first bow had a skinny metal handle. When I went to buy my next bow I saw the guy grab one with a fat wooden handle and said I wasn't going to like it. Boy was I wrong. It was magic. No other bow felt as comfortable as that first one he handed me.  Good luck with your search for a new bow. Season coming fast.