IGNORED

Close second to a Ribeye....

LPJR

5 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Reddish pink?  That's overdone.  Sear and go rare or go home.

image.png.7d9b1383d6c64b5184043a5dede037c0.pngRaw does not afford you the delicious juices that come with a perfectly cooked rare piece of beef Tim, you know that. The perfect steak is as rare as possible with flavorful juices that explode with each cut. Raw is an undercooked effort by an amateur that doesn’t know wtf they are doing.... capiche

AWM

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

I’m not a steak guy but between tenderloin, ribeye and ny strip the tenderloin has the least amount of flavor 

yours is cooked nicely 

Thanks. I would definitely agree with that. It is a rather “bland” cut, but I don’t mind getting liberal with seasoning it to make up for it. :up: Usually takes care of that. 

Edited by chenrossi

2 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

image.png.7d9b1383d6c64b5184043a5dede037c0.pngRaw does not afford you the delicious juices that come with a perfectly cooked rare piece of beef Tim, you know that. The perfect steak is as rare as possible with flavorful juices that explode with each cut. Raw is an undercooked effort by an amateur that doesn’t know wtf they are doing.... capiche

Oye!  And what's with the @JHbowhunter emojicon?

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

10 hours ago, LPJR said:

Never had a skirt steak Nick. Good? 

Skirt steak aka beef diaphragm is great.  Make sure you get a thick piece (shops tend to fold it over and over to look thick so watch for that) and one from a prime beast (the marbling is key).  I prefer it done medium myself.  I marinade it will chipotle powder, cumin , garlic and black pepper in a ziplock overnight before I grill it - over charcoal of course.  We usually make fajitas with it.

Edited by madeinuk