IGNORED

Close second to a Ribeye....

LPJR

48 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

No were near. Love picanha as it's the rump cap with a thick fat strip on top. 

Some people like a big fat ass, others not so much.  Clearly this is a Brazilian thing.

However, I do like a big fast ass on a pig.  That's a redneck thing.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

8 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Some people like a big fat ass, others not so much.  Clearly this is a Brazilian thing.

However, I do like a big fast ass on a pig.  That's a redneck thing.

I get you are a big beef eater and there is nothing wrong with it. Try picanha at Brazilian Rodizio, you will not be disappointed. Bold flavor to this cut 

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

I get you are a big beef eater and there is nothing wrong with it. Try picanha at Brazilian Rodizio, you will not be disappointed. Bold flavor to this cut 

I have probably had it at one time or another.  Fat is flavor.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

Used as the best cut at all Brazilian restaurants it’s a top of the rump/sirloin cap. Very, very tasty! 

There is also a trick most whites don’t know about when getting Rodizio. Don’t get all you can eat. If you do you get in rotation all kinds of meat but what is good will show up once or twice, between less desirable meat. Ask to pay by the slice and tell them what you want. Unless you are a gavone, consuming 6lb of meat at one meal, this is much  better and more economical way to do Rodizio 

8 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

There is also a trick most whites don’t know about when getting Rodizio. Don’t get all you can eat. If you do you get in rotation all kinds of meat but what is good will show up once or twice, between less desirable meat. Ask to pay by the slice and tell them what you want. Unless you are a gavone, consuming 6lb of meat at one meal, this is much  better and more economical way to do Rodizio 

Who says 6# of meat in one meal is a lot?

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

2 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Never. Stick to the picanha and ribeye. Can't waste my appetite on dried out chicken and pork.

On 6/30/2021 at 7:08 PM, madeinuk said:

This is the reason I drive to the Seabras by galloping hill/ five points in Union.

Arctic Meats in Washington sells Piedmontese picanha steaks and calls them “butter steaks” 

Went to Keens steakhouse in Manhattan the other night and got the mutton chop which is their house specialty.   I was reluctant to order it as a nice ribeye or porterhouse is tough to pass up but have to say that mutton chop was one of the best pieces of meat I’ve ever eaten.  If I could find that cut at a butcher I would be all over it.  

6 minutes ago, MikeStaten said:

Went to Keens steakhouse in Manhattan the other night and got the mutton chop which is their house specialty.   I was reluctant to order it as a nice ribeye or porterhouse is tough to pass up but have to say that mutton chop was one of the best pieces of meat I’ve ever eaten.  If I could find that cut at a butcher I would be all over it.  

yes it's fabulous cut, filled with flavor....if you like lamb get the mutton....only Keen's has it....you can order it thru goldbelly

https://www.goldbelly.com/keens-steakhouse/legendary-mutton-chops-2-pack