IGNORED

Close second to a Ribeye....

LPJR

57 minutes ago, MikeStaten said:

Went to Keens steakhouse in Manhattan the other night and got the mutton chop which is their house specialty.   I was reluctant to order it as a nice ribeye or porterhouse is tough to pass up but have to say that mutton chop was one of the best pieces of meat I’ve ever eaten.  If I could find that cut at a butcher I would be all over it.  

Thanks for this info. I don’t frequent steak houses since I am not much of a beaf steak guy but now I’m planing a trip to Keens. I love lamb

Edited by Lunatic

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

Thanks for this info. I don’t frequent steak houses since I am not much of a beaf steak guy but now I’m planing a trip to Keens. I love lamb

Keens is probably one of the best steak houses in NYC.  Easily beats Ruth's Chris and Peter Luger (which I think it a big disappointment).  Get the chilled seafood tray as an appetizer, it's worth the price.  Been there a few times, and it's always good.

https://www.keens.com/dinner/

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

5 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Keens is probably one of the best steak houses in NYC.  Easily beats Ruth's Chris and Peter Luger (which I think it a big disappointment).  Get the chilled seafood tray as an appetizer, it's worth the price.  Been there a few times, and it's always good.

https://www.keens.com/dinner/

Good point on the seafood platter, it was really good.  The creamed spinach was great too.  

10 hours ago, GunDogs said:

Arctic Meats in Washington sells Piedmontese picanha steaks and calls them “butter steaks” 

Good to know that they sell it there given that I am only in Asbury!  Oddly, I have been going there for years and have bought the Piedmontese briskets from him too.  I am always disappointed when I go in there when they have run out of their broccoli rabe sausages because they are so damn good!

10 hours ago, Lunatic said:

It is well worth it - Keen's is a one of a kind, old-school place.