IGNORED

Does anyone have nice grass?

Kype

no, not that grass. your yard.

moved into my first house 2 years ago. they installed new septic before we moved in so the grass they planted afterwards was brand new. it looked good being new,but then went down hill once the next spring came. and worse this year.

i water every other day. i have tried planting new grass and spread hay to keep the moisture in and birds out. 

i have tried lime

i have tried all sorts of fertilizer

my dog only pees in a section of wood chips, not the yard

now this year my whole yard is white clover. the fertilzer that kills white clover seems to be turning my grass a light green and eventually yellow

maybe its just me, but damn i just want nice full green looking grass lol. driving me nuts

try sod???

Just now, Haskell_Hunter said:

What is your soil pH?

havent tested it. i do have a crap load of rocks/small boulders in my yard that i removed. it was enough to build myself a firepit and then some. 

13 minutes ago, Kype said:

no, not that grass. your yard.

moved into my first house 2 years ago. they installed new septic before we moved in so the grass they planted afterwards was brand new. it looked good being new,but then went down hill once the next spring came. and worse this year.

i water every other day. i have tried planting new grass and spread hay to keep the moisture in and birds out. 

i have tried lime

i have tried all sorts of fertilizer

my dog only pees in a section of wood chips, not the yard

now this year my whole yard is white clover. the fertilzer that kills white clover seems to be turning my grass a light green and eventually yellow

maybe its just me, but damn i just want nice full green looking grass lol. driving me nuts

try sod???

Your hired if you got white clover without even trying:happywave:

I know how to have a great lawn, but I could not possibly care less. I used to - realized was a slave to it, and putting bad stuff into the ground to accomplish it... For what?  My yard is 30% real grass, 30% clovers and broadleafs, 20% dandelions and rest are assorted weeds and of course the dreaded summer crab grass. It's all green after its mowed.   The rabbits and deer and other animals like the clovers, dandelions and broadleafs.   The environment does not care much for me dumping a boatload of chemicals to have a pure green grass lawn.   No thanks Scott's, TrueGreen, or Chemlawn.  

When I stopped caring about my lawn over 15 years ago, I started catching more and bigger fish, and shooting more mature bigger bucks. 

Why?  Because I am not wasting time caring about what my lawn looks like...  Pure and simple.           After it's mowed, looks great how it is, it's all green "something".          

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I now work on a golf course for a retirement village and also do landscaping with my friend , First i nice lawn costs time and money , anyone says diff is full of it,  first is test your soil ,and see what's the PH , i live in south toms river and its all pine sand  , my season routin is  fist magi-cal  this helps raise or lower your ph, early spring a good pre- emergent  early season you can go with a high nitrogen fertilizer when its still cool nights like a 20-10-10  , the 20 is your nitrogen content as the weather gets hoter you need to drop it so not to BURN your lawn  walmart sells a 10-10-10 , , another thing i put down is OCEANGROW its a lawn feed  you can put as heavey as you want and it just feeds your lawn ,  THE BIGGEST THING TO BATTLE IS FUNGUS , DONT BUY THE CRAP FROM THE BOX STORES ,DOMYOWN.COM  is the place to get fungicide   you want to buy 2 brands to alternate i use headway and cleary 3336  Also WATER WATER WATER  PEOPLE start out gung hoe and then stop watering its better at 15 min a day the a deep soak every other day, 

20210610_203802.jpg

20210610_203808.jpg

20210610_203817.jpg

3 minutes ago, Kype said:

hunterdon warren border. the river behind me divides the counties. 

Lime is probably good to put down then.  Lime kilns all over because the soil is so acidic in the area.  I've had good luck with Scotts.  Fert. with Crabgrass preventer early in the spring and then Fert. with weed control now.  I tend to go lighter than too heavy, as you can burn it out going heavy.  

16 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I know how to have a great lawn, but I could not possibly care less. I used to - realized was a slave to it, and putting bad stuff into the ground to accomplish it... For what?  My yard is 30% real grass, 30% clovers and broadleafs, 20% dandelions and rest are assorted weeds and of course the dreaded summer crab grass. It's all green after its mowed.   The rabbits and deer and other animals like the clovers, dandelions and broadleafs.   The environment does not care much for me dumping a boatload of chemicals to have a pure green grass lawn.   No thanks Scott's, TrueGreen, or Chemlawn.  

When I stopped caring about my lawn over 15 years ago, I started catching more and bigger fish, and shooting more mature bigger bucks. 

Why?  Because I am not wasting time caring about what my lawn looks like...  Pure and simple.           After it's mowed, looks great how it is, it's all green "something".          

i must of hit a soft spot. 

my yard is small so i do care what it looks like. if i had a larger lawn maybe i wouldnt care as much. but being the space i do have, i would like it to be nice.