IGNORED

Full Size Truck Decisions

MikeStaten

On 4/3/2021 at 10:36 AM, FLDBRED-BDC said:

I've been a GM guy all my life, all my trucks have gone over 250,000 some into the 300,000's . We still have one of the first trucks, a 71 Chevy 4X4 Shortbed. The current LT motors are brilliant, fantastic power and great fuel milage .You can lay down two strips of rubber if that's your thing and still get mileage into the 20's !Not only are they great looking trucks but they are part of Americana , just listen to how many country songs mention them.

000_0004.JPG

I had one of these, actually my dad's, but the 1st truck I drove.  Same color

I first looked at Chevy because that is what i thought i wanted Silverado.

I then looked at F150 and finally the Ram1500.

As someone posted before I am the occasional tower. I tow my boat that weighs in the neighborhood of 5,000 lbs with the trailer. I bought the Hemi for that reason. Push the tow button and that thing pulls! 

Truck rides extremely nice and will haul what i need t haul. I bought basic truck, extra cab, hemi , tow package and remote start about $38,000 new ( during the time when dealerships were closed and just opened by appointment so I think I got a good deal) I think all vehicles have issues, plus and minus . Buy what you like make sure it has a decent warranty and get your best deal $$. I also agree with others if i was towing daily i would have stepped up to a heavier model 

I thought this was appropriate when this Toyota Sequoia came in today. Bad timing chain tensioner at 93k. I've done dozens of these over the years. 12 hours book time. $$$$$! 

Every brand has it's problems. Collapsed DOD lifters on GM LS motors, broken spark plugs, blown out plug holes and slapping timing chains on triton motors, burnt exhaust valves and collapsed lifters on Hemis. And VVT problems on all of them. They're all great and they all suck!

Edited by Woodsman416

30 minutes ago, stephenf said:

NO Ecoboost.  Stay away. They are junk..... go with the  5.0 

Half a million miles on the last 2 that had it .

probably towed well over 150K  with it between those 2 trucks , never had one hiccup .

new one doesn’t have it and can see it def costs MPG on the highway 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

13 minutes ago, MikeStaten said:

Learned some interesting things during my research including that the Tundra has more US made parts in it than the Ram and both are assembled in the US.  Everything is blurred in this global economy. 

Yeah.  In the auto industry, all of this "Buy American" mumbo jumbo is only talked about by people who don't actually know what they're talking about anymore.