IGNORED

Full Size Truck Decisions

MikeStaten

8 minutes ago, BHC said:

You must be lacking in manhood....therefore you make it up with a BIG TRUCK !!!!  

Fella, it's an F150 not an F350. Manhood ? What if I identify as a toaster ?

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

I am not a Toyota guy, but I will guarantee a Tundra can tow with a F150 any day of the week. The Tundra has a 10.5 ring gear and a 4.30 ratio. By comparison my Ford Superduty has a 10.5 ring gear.  Its unheard of for a 1/2 ton to have such big hardware. Ford F150 max tow package uses something in the 9 inch range. Something to think about when talking price, a Tundra comes with a 5.7. To get a 5.0 in a Ford or a 6.2 in a Chevy there is an up charge. I'm looking at them all, you just have to get what fits your needs. I like the look of GMC AT4, Chevys Trailboss, alot of good looking trucks out there.

42 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

There is no Tundra that will pull a 30 foot travel trailer like an F150. There rear will blow out on any significant incline. You never want to tow anything at or near its capacity on a regular basis. Especially when your cargo includes your family

Cmon get real...f150 is no match for a tundra...if you were really worried about your family you would have bought a f250...i wouldnt argue with that

I've owned my Tundra for 10 years purchase new I had one recall on it.....it was the driver side floor mat.....dealer called me said my new floor mat was in, I went over exchanged it...

My F150 (2005) drove like car, but if I recall I received 8 recalls I do recall the main one was the spark plugs getting stuck or something like that......Nissan truck had one recall, it was the door panels the fit wasn't even there was a space.....Chevy I had, paint was peeling a few days after driving off the lot, then two water leaks, then the dash board and driver side door panel came loose, total lemon....dealer was working with me and GM, but GM was giving me a hard time....To the point they refused to follow the NJ Lemon Law at the time, So I called the AG's lemon law office and filed a claim, within a few hours GM called me and said a check will be sent to dealership within two weeks and that was the start to the end my money going to GM....I was brought up on GM, and Ford products. So within the two weeks waiting for the that check I asked around about what truck to buy.....Two friends owned a repair shop, both owned GM trucks, but admitted you want something that will last with least amount of issues get a Toyota Tacoma this was back in summer  1995. I know it's been many moons and the quality of GM, and Ford has improved, and the fact is GM's negative reaction on my lemon truck has till this day shy me away but I do like the Chevy TrailBoss Pick Up and will take one for a test drive, and Ford I know the 2005 F150 I had,  had the most issues I believe over the years but I'm not sure if I will take it for a test drive....The Dodge I like but just not for me....In fact these 1500 size trucks is something I don't need anymore since my kids are bigger so going back to a Tacoma is my best option, well best option is not having a truck payment...so one option would be to keep my Tundra till it drops dead 

Edited by BHC

My place of work has a fleet of only Ford made vehicles. Every single week, one is at the Ford dealer for repair or recall. I would never buy a Ford, as reliability is lacking. HOWEVER, if I was towing or hauling a lot of weight...Ford is best. Reliability is most important to me. Therefore, I only will own a Tundra 

There is a reason I bought a 2500 instead of a 1500.  One of which is that the 1500/150's have to conform to the government's EPA rules and must be more fuel efficient over time.  There is no way around this.  The 250/2500s don't have to conform to EPA rules because they are heavy duty vehicles.  So many tradeoffs are made with the 150/1500 vehicles:  Weight, materials, and design.  My 2500 weighs twice as much as an F-150.  I also think my truck puts more rubber on the road than the F-150 does.  The additional weight and tire surface on the road make it a superior towing vehicle than the F-150.  This is true every time you got from the 150s to the 250s.

My truck weighs 8,000-lbs., and if I am pulling a 7,000-lb. trailer and it starts getting weird--wind, slick roads, poorly balanced trailer, potholes or other road hazards--my truck has the weight and tire surface to stay on the road and not be thrown out of control.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/features/producers-picks/magic-valley-rescue-truck-malad-gorge/277-a7039eae-86d3-4756-8846-049688bdc25e

That's what happens when your trailer goes out of control.  Your vehicle needs to be able to deal with that.  The 150 series trucks are getting lighter and lighter, and problems like these will become more common.  Look at the truck in that story, it's a Ford F-150.  Sure, it can pull the trailer, but when the wind blows across a bridge, do you still want to be in that F-150?  I would prefer to be in my 2500 which weighs nearly twice that of the F-150 and more than the payload I am towing.

Towing isn't about one stat or metric, it's about the whole package.  If you want to tow, you need to make a lot of decisions when you buy your truck.  You can definitely two with a Ford F-150, but I would never tow to its maximum capacity because if the load got weird, that truck would be thrown all over the road, just like in the story above.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I am part of the Toyota mafia I was a Chevy guy for years bought a tundra was happy with it but went back to a Silverado it was a pos when the encoder motor went the 4x4 switch and a few other things I went back to a tundra I put 196k on it and just bought a new one because I wanted a new 5.7 because a change is coming where they might get rid of it. 

I Just want to Hunt...

1 hour ago, nmc02 said:

My place of work has a fleet of only Ford made vehicles. Every single week, one is at the Ford dealer for repair or recall. I would never buy a Ford, as reliability is lacking. HOWEVER, if I was towing or hauling a lot of weight...Ford is best. Reliability is most important to me. Therefore, I only will own a Tundra 

There's your dinner

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

5 minutes ago, BHC said:

99% of you pull you know what when comes to trucks...most may pull a trailer with a ATV a few times per year, or something bigger even less per year, but do as you please you earn your $$$

Offer is still open. Since I identify as a toaster, I will make you some toast as well