IGNORED

Full Size Truck Decisions

MikeStaten

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Half a million miles on the last 2 that had it .

probably towed well over 150K  with it between those 2 trucks , never had one hiccup .

new one doesn’t have it and can see it def costs MPG on the highway 

Ecoboost is Fords turbo pacakges.

love everything about my new 2021 3.5L ecoboost.    The torque and power are amazing, with a smooth comfortable ride and more than enough luxuries and features and technology. It's not quite as stingy on gas as my 2018 2.7L ecoboost was, but damn close enough especially on highway as good just a little bit less non-highway.     To each their own.  I hope it proves to as reliable as it is a great performer and good-looking.   

1954841D-849C-4B97-BEED-3F27547C0308.jpeg

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I own a 2020 Ram 1500.  I've had it approximately 16 months now.  No issue and I love the truck.  Ride quality and tech features are great.  I also have the split tailgate which is awesome.   I wasn't sure about it in the beginning but it was already on the truck I wanted and in stock.  I can tell you that I use it all the time.   Good luck with your search!

ps.   I was a little ticked off at the MPG in the beginning but that was my error.  I never really reset the MPG calculator.   So based on my local / town driving, my MPGs always looked like crap, even when going out on the highways.   The time spent on highway wasn't enough to bump up my averages.  Once I reset, I can see the MPG improvement on highway.  I know its still low compared to other vehicles but I'm not unhappy getting 22-23 mpg on runs down south.  Its the local driving that drives the MPG down but in the end, IDGAF.  :)

4 hours ago, MikeStaten said:

Learned some interesting things during my research including that the Tundra has more US made parts in it than the Ram and both are assembled in the US.  Everything is blurred in this global economy. 

May be true for some models , but the final check goes overseas !

Irish Potato Famine - White Privilege 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2021 at 7:15 AM, Slayer1962 said:

stephen f what vehicle are you saying is junk? I owned my ram 1500 for a year now zero issues, great ride, nice interior , tows my 5000 lb boat well. i really like the truck 

i had a 15 f150 ecoboost nothing but problems , i have a 05 dodge 2500 diesel 260K no issues plowing snow towin boats and trailers running it hard and no issues original trans..... but the ford was shit..