IGNORED

State park harassment

1 hour ago, njdoxie said:

I've thought about wearing a body cam for run ins with whoever, twice this year I could've used one, badly....This may be the impetus I need to buy and wear one.

Does anyone know the best/smallest/lightest one to buy?

here you go, it will work well when picking up females of opposite sex:happywave:

tactacam-head-mount.jpg

38 minutes ago, Foggy Mountain said:

Let me explain something else, as bad as this is we get pulled over all day long, how come no one says how gentlemanly the LE was? Not defending this cop in this situations actions. It was wrong, just adding another consideration

I'm a " healthcare professional" what ever that's worth. Before Covid healthcare was trying, since it's exhausting. I've worked in some hellish places and have always strived to be courteous and professional to my patients. But truth be told there were days I wasn't. It happens to us all. Some days life gets in the way of our professions. We are all human. 

Why is Nickmarch post being ignored here? I believe the officer is a misinformed jerk if he in fact was yelling and cursing. Regardless of what the sign says the state’s website says the park is open from sunrise to sunset in the off season along with many other parks (state has been seriously defunded and no doubt they aren’t spending money on switching signs out, like some parks that haven’t put up new posts and signs in over a decade as they rot away). This is the off season and sunrise is 645 am. He also said others were on the ice so why didn’t he get his ass out the car and address the rest of the fisherman? 

What about the state parks that allow hunting? They aren’t busting hunters for pursuing in legal activity going in before sunrise and coming out after sunset. So why should fishing be any different? License fees were paid to be able to use and not being allowed to fish until after 8am is ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Hitemnasty said:

Why is Nickmarch post being ignored here? I believe the officer is a misinformed jerk if he in fact was yelling and cursing. Regardless of what the sign says the state’s website says the park is open from sunrise to sunset in the off season along with many other parks (state has been seriously defunded and no doubt they aren’t spending money on switching signs out, like some parks that haven’t put up new posts and signs in over a decade as they rot away). This is the off season and sunrise is 645 am. He also said others were on the ice so why didn’t he get his ass out the car and address the rest of the fisherman? 

What about the state parks that allow hunting? They aren’t busting hunters for pursuing in legal activity going in before sunrise and coming out after sunset. So why should fishing be any different? License fees were paid to be able to use and not being allowed to fish until after 8am is ridiculous. 

I respectfully disagree with you. The sign on site governs and if you walk through it you will get a ticket. How many times do you see a sign on streets that normally allow parking, even have parking meters, no parking. If you see it do you still park because there is normally parking there? There is no excuse to walk by the sign which states do not enter. 

On 2/16/2021 at 8:31 AM, Fred Flintstone said:

Hopefully  you won't  run into that officer again. I would just go in at 8.05am from now on.

I think the OP should be hoping the LEO is not on this site. its way to late to delete the post.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

As a long haired, youthful, Grateful Dead following, hippie in my early years I blasted this song out of my 1973 Chevy pickup huntin n fishin wherever it wasn’t posted....my defense if I got caught would be ...it’s still the Indian’s lands in my eyes!!!  Lol

2 hours ago, Hitemnasty said:

First of all, we are only hearing one side of this argument. But the OP says he checked online for hours and to prove it, he attached a screen shot of a Google page which states 7am. Guess what?  Google is wrong as is very normal. If you go to the Lake Hopatcong State Park website, it clearly states 8am opening this time of year. So the Park Ranger was correct to begin with. 

State Park hours differ from Park to Park. The ice fishermen already on the ice were likely from the area and just walked out from their homes. It is a very large lake with tens of thousands of homes around it. The Park is not the only access point.