IGNORED

State park harassment

55 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

First of all, we are only hearing one side of this argument. But the OP says he checked online for hours and to prove it, he attached a screen shot of a Google page which states 7am. Guess what?  Google is wrong as is very normal. If you go to the Lake Hopatcong State Park website, it clearly states 8am opening this time of year. So the Park Ranger was correct to begin with. 

State Park hours differ from Park to Park. The ice fishermen already on the ice were likely from the area and just walked out from their homes. It is a very large lake with tens of thousands of homes around it. The Park is not the only access point. 

That screenshot clearly says sunrise to sunset from the Tuesday after Labor Day until the Friday before Memorial Day.  Correct me if I’m wrong but I was within that period.  I’m not trying to cause a fight here.  Moving forward I think it’s good for all to know that 8am is the time to go as per the officers direction.

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

If you go to the Lake Hopatcong State Park website, it clearly states 8am opening this time of year. So the Park Ranger was correct to begin with. 

The website clearly says sunrise to sunset it also says...

"There is a boat ramp with parking available at Lake Musconetcong. This site is open from sunrise to sunset seven days a week."

1 hour ago, Eyesofthewoods said:

That screenshot clearly says sunrise to sunset from the Tuesday after Labor Day until the Friday before Memorial Day.  Correct me if I’m wrong but I was within that period.  I’m not trying to cause a fight here.  Moving forward I think it’s good for all to know that 8am is the time to go as per the officers direction.

You are correct. I misread it as from Labor Day to Memorial Day. So park is open at sunrise and bad job by Park Ranger in that case. 

23 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

The website clearly says sunrise to sunset it also says...

"There is a boat ramp with parking available at Lake Musconetcong. This site is open from sunrise to sunset seven days a week."

Except that we are not talking about Lake Musconetcong. But Lake Hopatcong should have been open and the Park Ranger should have known that. 

Like,I  wrote- I would just walk in at 8.05am. Maybe the officer was also there  to make sure no one takes over limit.

I used to work with a guy who constantly  talked about taking the motherload of Crappie on the Green Turtle Pond or over the limit. And Sneaking around the Wanaque Res while fishing.  Greek guy who lives in a old house on Clinton Road. 

All the Deer are near that house too...

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

23 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Lake Hopatcong should have been open and the Park Ranger should have known that. 

He should also know the Conduct Regulations

7:2-2.11 Conduct

(a) A person shall not engage in conduct or use language which disrupts, interferes with, is unduly annoying to or prevents the enjoyment or maintenance of State Park Service lands or waters by other visitors or State Park Service personnel.

(h) A person shall not use threatening, abusive, boisterous, or insulting language or use indecent gestures towards another person on State Park Service property.

(n) A person shall not engage in fighting or other violent conduct which would threaten the well-being and tranquility of the public or State Park Service employees.

(o) A person shall not enter or remain in any State Park Service area between the daily closing and opening time as posted, except for authorized activities, which include, but are not limited to, authorized fish, game, and wildlife activities such as hunting, fishing, and trapping.

Edited by nickmarch

1 hour ago, Fred Flintstone said:

Like,I  wrote- I would just walk in at 8.05am. Maybe the officer was also there  to make sure no one takes over limit.

I used to work with a guy who constantly  talked about taking the motherload of Crappie on the Green Turtle Pond or over the limit. And Sneaking around the Wanaque Res while fishing.  Greek guy who lives in a old house on Clinton Road. 

All the Deer are near that house too...

I wouldn't let the goof ignore the State Park Regulations.  They are there to enforce regulations not to violate them, ignore them or make them up as they choose.  

The regs State that posted hours do not apply to authorized fish game and wildlife activities so why let this goof chastise people who are not violating the regs?  Why wait until 805 because of a clueless goof?

I would report his nonsense along with a copy of the regulations and highlight the regs that he violated.  That would prevent him from treating others the same way.  

Edited by nickmarch