IGNORED

Live Hunt w/LPJR & Haskell Hunter/North Country

LPJR

2 hours ago, LPJR said:

Deer!!

Never heard it. Just looked up the logging road and what looked like a brahma bull was standing in it. 

Doe. Huge doe. My wind is good and she was relaxed looking back where she came from before cutting in to the spruce thicket behind me. Holy shit. 

Hope a buck is following.

Put the stinking phone away!  :shakehead:

4 hours ago, Woodsman416 said:

Those pictures are bringing back lots of memories from when I used to rifle hunt in northern Vermont. Good stuff! I need to do it again. Pulled my old North country rifle out of the safe and wiped it down. I carried it for hundreds of miles through the snow still hunting and tracking big bodied Northern bucks. It's a Remington model 742 in .30-06 wearing a Bushnell 5x32 scope. Great rifle! The scope was probably the best I could afford at the time.

DSCN1093.JPG

Very cool Ken. Definitely is addicting up here and I am already looking forward to coming back..

Back at the cabin. Sat from 0630 until noon. 

The big doe that crossed the logging road this morning could have been the big buck....

Saw a tall Snowshoe Hare  at 25 yards hop onto the cut road and stay there a few...over a dozen small red squirrels seen this morning as well.

Before noon, talked to an old timer on the way out. He pointed out a set of moose tracks from a smaller one that passed through a day or so ago...

Snow just started here...going back out in a few. Giving it hell up here. Good stuff.....

20191124_113749.jpg

20191124_113753.jpg