IGNORED

Baiting VS Non Baiting

MPSR

20 minutes ago, 3Blade said:

Just a question:happywave:.... what do guys who are against baiting think of food plots? I  see them as a larger form of baiting.

I am 100% in favor of baiting - which to me consists of deer feeders, corn dumped on the ground, food plots, hunting over agriculture fields, mineral licks, water troughs and scent wicks.

8-13-17 seven bucks.JPG

Edited by tpr1921
add photo

In my zone 2 spot, what were once 4 massive hay fields, are now giant cornfields.  Four of them, each about 15 acres each.  Last year they got cut on time, it was much drier.   This year, they didn't cut until after 6 day.  I saw them broken down with the giant combine and went over to help. Very nice guys - turns out they only are doing it to sell corn to hunters.  Got the guys card - he said he would deliver for me if I wanted to make a bulk order.    

Funny thing for me in this area where I have 3 different stands - once the acorns are gone, the only real way to get deer in range is to bait them. I was baiting deer in even with standing corn, and if I could find time to winter bow hunt, will surely have some hunts packed with action, but down right un-nerving as it requires the perfect wind and conditions for them to come in range in daylight.   There is a guy nearby that baits with not bags - but TONS at a time, so I am only getting the deer he has educated but he is a compete idiot when it comes to hunting deer so I still get plenty. He has much better spots than I do near a giant sanctuary.

I have plenty of stands in zone 5 that are good without bait, and are set up for natural food sources and travel corridors / transition areas between food and bedding.

Support your local farmers - and be a masterbaiter.           

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

default_beatingdeadhorse.gif

You got that right. Lets see here maybe we can argue about baiting, crossbows, rage broadheads, driving public land, deer bag limits, Trump, illegals and F&G in one thread to get it out of our system for once and all so we can move onto something worthwhile. Like ...I am still after my target buck in friggin January... god help me

Sent via carrier pigeon

AWM

Most will probably disagree....

My 2 concerns with it is

1.) CWD, it's not a matter of if it's a matter of when.

2.) You screw so many guys hunts before they even start, their hard work in scouting out active normal travel routes, treestand locations on said routes, time, money and all the planning.

To me that's just selfish sorry. I really could care less if you only have X amount of time, I wouldn't expect anyone to cater to me if I couldn't hunt because of my personal life.

Maybe scout a little more or if not look at aerial views and pick a spot and hunt.

IMO gone are the days of doing your homework to accomplish your goal, nope screw everyone I want a deer because I dont have the time to put in.

34 minutes ago, MZ7Extreme said:

Most will probably disagree....

My 2 concerns with it is

1.) CWD, it's not a matter of if it's a matter of when.

2.) You screw so many guys hunts before they even start, their hard work in scouting out active normal travel routes, treestand locations on said routes, time, money and all the planning.

To me that's just selfish sorry. I really could care less if you only have X amount of time, I wouldn't expect anyone to cater to me if I couldn't hunt because of my personal life.

Maybe scout a little more or if not look at aerial views and pick a spot and hunt.

IMO gone are the days of doing your homework to accomplish your goal, nope screw everyone I want a deer because I dont have the time to put in.

I take deer both with and with out bait consistently..  depending where you are it helps or hurts..  I hunt s few pieces in howell and bait is not needed with fields and oaks..  come down into the pines where deer are a different animal..  here today 3 miles away tomorrow...  pine deer are very hard to pattern bait when used correctly helps you narrow it down..  with that said it wouldn't break my heart to see it stop or s limit put on how much you can use...  guys feed with 100 lbs every 3 days that's not baiting its feeding..  but legal and I've done it found better success with 10 to 15 lbs every week...

Seems to me guys  many guys bitching about baiting  are hunting small tracts or public land.

because if your hunting any decent acreages you should be able to find areas where deer movement is still somewhat natural .

and if your hunting a spot that has the natural food on it the deer will still be there .

instead I think many are hunting small pieces that the deer probably aren’t using enough , so they cast blame on the baiter next door .

‘instead of worrying what a guy is doing next door thinking he is being lazy, get off your butt and locate a piece of property to hunt the way you want .

there is a lot more untapped spots within an hour of most guys homes. Stop being lazy and go find it .

.and for those that think big deer can’t be taken on bait, keep believing that ,while a neighbor that actually knows how to use bait correctly shoot every big deer around .

Baiting used correctly is just another tool.

used incorrectly it can become a hurdle .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

9 hours ago, MPSR said:

yep.  No different from clubs putting out 5-10 moultrie feeders to keep them off the boardering clubs

No, there is a difference.  What you're doing is strictly for the purpose of interfering  with other hunters. It's a tactic used by a lot antihunters. If your trying to draw deer to where you can hunt and kill a buck or doe that's one thing but just to screw over others? That's just sad.

3 hours ago, maximus66 said:

You got that right. Lets see here maybe we can argue about baiting, crossbows, rage broadheads, driving public land, deer bag limits, Trump, illegals and F&G in one thread to get it out of our system for once and all so we can move onto something worthwhile. Like ...I am still after my target buck in friggin January... god help me

Sent via carrier pigeon

You need a better bait pile...

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

On 1/2/2019 at 3:03 PM, 3Blade said:

Just a question:happywave:.... what do guys who are against baiting think of food plots? I  see them as a larger form of baiting.

Mike , not against baiting . Could take it or leave it . Food plots do so much more for your deer herd than a bag of corn . Food plots done right can help feed your deer and other wildlife for a good portion of the year . They help antler growth and milk production for does . Yes they draw deer during hunting season but far out way a corn pile .