IGNORED

Best STEAK?

LPJR

5 hours ago, BHC said:

Peter Lugers In Brooklyn, Keens in NYC, .....NJ, Roots, River Palm, near me I like Red Wolf Inn

Like a NY STRIP, Prim Rib, Porterhouse, Ribeye...steak needs fat, fat =FLAVOR....no matter the cut I love it RARE

best steaks I had was the two I mentioned above in NEW YORK 

Well I am a regular at River Palm Terrace in Edgewater, go about 3 times a month, have a place in Ft Lee because I work in the city and still have my house in Stillwater but love being able to leave my house st 5:00 am and be in midtown in 15 minutes!

Been to all the steakhouses in NYC except Peter Lugers in Brooklyn, I refuse to work in Brooklyn anymore, takes hours to get there and twice as long to get home !

River Palm in Edgewater great aged  steak , also amazing sushi ( for the lady )  and great seafood !

There are so many steakhouses in NYC, if you can find a good one by your house I think your better off eating there and become a regular ( good tipper) then they will take care of you since it’s all about the cut of the meat they cook for you THAT DAY ! If you drive into the city your starting out 50.00 in the hole 15.00 bridge and 35.00 parking .  Actually back in Stillwater today setting up stands for winter bow with my buddy, got down off the mountain after dark and had to use our cell phone flashlight to get down , it gets dark early now , but the cell phone light gets the job done !  Well got 2 rib eyes yesterday from Roy at Alpine in Blairstown, marinaded in Terriaki and put on 500 degrees grill 4 minutes on each side, doesn’t get any better ! ( couple adult beverages to wash it down, hey we were dehydrated walking all over the mountain checking cameras and hanging tree stands)

Only bad thing about living on the 24th floor no gas or charcoal grills, love grilling in Stillwater, made these 2 steaks tonight for my buddy and I, poor guy almost killed him today climbing all over the mountain! 

Anyway got some real good pictures i will be posting soon, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and be safe out there, 

Good Luck !

B5A76AAE-5406-46DE-B064-6D0ABA4D23DA.jpeg

5BAC7AFC-4925-4B71-8A87-D57CAE82F825.jpeg

5722D62F-7BDC-46A4-8326-106B5357723C.jpeg

5B051252-48B0-4F6F-9279-35D0B60C02CB.jpeg

The porterhouse for two at Wolfgang’s in Somerville and the tomahawk Ribeye at Oak steakhouse in Easton PA are hands down  the best locally.  I’ve been two Peter Lugars a few times, and Wolfgang’s is exactly the same... they even serve the bacon by the slice appetizer. Both are expensive but are the best. Somebody mentioned Char on rt 202, it’s total bullshit compared to these two other high end steakhouses. 

15 hours ago, BHC said:

Peter Lugers In Brooklyn, Keens in NYC, .....NJ, Roots, River Palm, near me I like Red Wolf Inn

Like a NY STRIP, Prim Rib, Porterhouse, Ribeye...steak needs fat, fat =FLAVOR....no matter the cut I love it RARE

best steaks I had was the two I mentioned above in NEW YORK 

I second Keen’s NYC, the Mrs and I go a couple of times a year and sit at the bar and have the pub sized mutton chop, it’s amazing!

13 minutes ago, Zone50BugNerd said:

I second Keen’s NYC, the Mrs and I go a couple of times a year and sit at the bar and have the pub sized mutton chop, it’s amazing!

The wife and I have made Keens our spot to hit a couple of times a year also. The history, and atmosphere of the place can't be beat!