IGNORED

Loading deer by yourself ??

FishNHard

12 minutes ago, tick trawler said:

In the absence of any tools or other mechanical aids used in the task of loading a deer that is too heavy to lift into a pickup from the ground, I use the following method:

Drag the front end of the deer to the end of the tailgate.   Place the deer on its back with its front legs propped up so that you can reach a hoof while squatting on the tailgate.  Grab one leg and then the other as you lift upward.  Once you are able to get the head and shoulder of the deer over the tailgate you can easily drag it in.

Always keep a ratchet strap in truck.  Once u get the head up it's easy

Can’t do it myself anymore. My back is toast. I call my wife. She is retired police. She’s 5ft nothing but a pit bull. She’s my ride or die. Can’t count on my buddies but she never lets me down. She helps me track them if needed. She helps me drag and gut em. She’s come along way. 25 yrs ago she wouldn’t look at the deer when I came home with one. Now she helps me butcher them. I’m a lucky man! She even lets me do European mounts on the stove!

Jetsled. 

Use the Jet sled to drag the deer from gut pile to your truck.

Then put front of sled up to tailgate. Go to back of sled and lift and push. A 2x8 cut to the length of you bed with one of those Dirt bike ramp ends could help the sled go up as well. 

Jetsleds keep the blood out of your truck.

6 inch lift on Truck. 

Edited by Killerbee