IGNORED

11/10 Check In

Greybeard

Put my newer hunter in her spot and sitting in car. Not enough time to get where I was going this morning. Going to have her sit my spot this afternoon. Had a great 8pt yesterday. He gave me a 25 yd quartering to and an 18yd frontal shot but I passed. I did not like either shot. I knew he was close before he got me as I could hear him tearing up some brush. When he got 40yds from me he ripped a pine tree up real good. Then proceeded to give me the 2 shot opportunities. Then she fled back to swamp with him right behind.  They made one more appearance over my right shoulder in thick brush about 30 minutes before dark. I think he was breeding her there. About 5 minutes before dark she takes off again towards swamp. So going to get my new hunter there this afternoon. 

2 does came in with 2 fawns, two split west of me the one doe with her fawn circled my stand for 15 mins browsing then a small 8 point came and chased them away but had no interest in them, I guess based on them being with the fawns still they’re not hot and ready yet?..the buck lingered around for a few minutes less than 10 yards from me then walked off towards the does that went west earlier. He came in from behind me I was really hopeing when I turned to get a look it was gunna be the one I’m after. Atleast they’re active this morning