IGNORED

11/10 Check In

Greybeard

Nothing.  Not one shot heard either. Went all the way back and dropped halway down the mt to pines. Been stillhunting back toward the rd watching the terraces below. Came across a scrape where the pines transition to the woods with scattered blowdowns. Parking here for a while. Looks to be around where the buck came from last night

20221110_092846.jpg.4b2fd04417ce9cb84ab70f0496747976.jpg

1 minute ago, Greybeard said:

Nothing.  Not one shot heard either. Went all the way back and dropped halway down the mt to pines. Been stillhunting back toward the rd watching the terraces below. Came across a scrape where the pines transition to the woods with scattered blowdowns. Parking here for a while. Looks to be around where the buck came from last night

20221110_092846.jpg.4b2fd04417ce9cb84ab70f0496747976.jpg

Don't know if you do much YouTube'ing but check out The Hunting Public...those guys are very successful on the ground with aggressive tactics that surprisingly work.

4 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I taught those kids.

They do crazy stuff on the ground...when they rattle for example they thrash around in the leaves, stomp, bang the antlers around in bushes, they'll rake the ground with their foot imitating a scrape being made and sometimes big bucks come charging! They take frontal shots in throat patch and have been successful with that too.

8 minutes ago, Michael Britt said:

They do crazy stuff on the ground...when they rattle for example they thrash around in the leaves, stomp, bang the antlers around in bushes, they'll rake the ground with their foot imitating a scrape being made and sometimes big bucks come charging! They take frontal shots in throat patch and have been successful with that too.

Done all that  and made squirrel sounds with my mouth while skipping stones throigh the leaves as I  stepped to get within 10yds of 3 doe.

26 minutes ago, Michael Britt said:

I've been out mid-morning at the beginning of the second week of October snapping Russian Olive, without a weapon in hand, and had a 140ish buck come charging at me.