IGNORED

Please sign the UBNJ petition against Bill A3732

Farmingdales Finest

17 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

done done done and done - I will always hunt my land and no neighbor will know my business conducting LEGAL ACTIVITIES.  

This bill is in response to the dog Tonka that was killed.  You wrote Ms. Tonka a nice letter apologizing for all hunters, I wonder if she is spearheading this or how she feels about it? 

Below is the last paragraph of the bill:

This bill, named “Restoring Safety Buffer Law,” is in response to the tragic death of Tonka, beloved pet of a family living in  Hunterdon County. Tonka, an Alaskan shepherd, was mistakenly shot with an arrow by a deer hunter. Tonka’s family was unaware that hunting was occurring on the adjacent property and, therefore, was unable to take extra precautions to protect him from harm. This bill seeks to prevent this type of tragedy from occurring again  by prohibiting hunting with a bow and arrow within 450 feet of an occupied building or a school playground, and requiring that a  private property owner provide written notice and obtain a written confirmation of its receipt from neighboring property owners and occupants at least 24 hours prior to the occurrence of any hunting  activity on the private property from the neighboring property  owners. The private property owner is required to notify all  property owners and occupants sharing a boundary with the  property on which the hunting will occur.

Edited by Nomad

16 minutes ago, Nomad said:

This bill is in response to the dog Tonka that was killed.  You wrote Ms. Tonka a nice letter apologizing for all hunters, I wonder if she is spearheading this or how she feels about it? 

Below is the last paragraph of the bill:

This bill, named “Restoring Safety Buffer Law,” is in response to the tragic death of Tonka, beloved pet of a family living in  Hunterdon County. Tonka, an Alaskan shepherd, was mistakenly shot with an arrow by a deer hunter. Tonka’s family was unaware that hunting was occurring on the adjacent property and, therefore, was unable to take extra precautions to protect him from harm. This bill seeks to prevent this type of tragedy from occurring again  by prohibiting hunting with a bow and arrow within 450 feet of an occupied building or a school playground, and requiring that a  private property owner provide written notice and obtain a written confirmation of its receipt from neighboring property owners and occupants at least 24 hours prior to the occurrence of any hunting  activity on the private property from the neighboring property  owners. The private property owner is required to notify all  property owners and occupants sharing a boundary with the  property on which the hunting will occur.

Call it Romeo’s law - he shot the dog and gave us a bad name

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

From what I understand, the woman that owned the dog is (or at least was) all for this law.

The thing I don't understand is - doesn't the very premise of the law ASSUME the neighbors are illegally trespassing?

I mean, if I'm hunting legally on a piece of property, the only reason I would have to notify the neighbors is if they COME ONTO THE PROPERTY I AM HUNTING!

So they are basically creating a law that is (for all intents and purposes) condoning illegal trespassing - in essence, I am being forced to announce my future presence to illegal trespassers!

Am I missing something? Shouldn't it be the other way around?? It should be "Don't illegally trespass. If you want to come onto my property, YOU should notify ME! And that's when I will tell you, "I will be hunting my property. And no you do not have permission to enter my property".

41 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

From what I understand, the woman that owned the dog is (or at least was) all for this law.

The thing I don't understand is - doesn't the very premise of the law ASSUME the neighbors are illegally trespassing?

I mean, if I'm hunting legally on a piece of property, the only reason I would have to notify the neighbors is if they COME ONTO THE PROPERTY I AM HUNTING!

So they are basically creating a law that is (for all intents and purposes) condoning illegal trespassing - in essence, I am being forced to announce my future presence to illegal trespassers!

Am I missing something? Shouldn't it be the other way around?? It should be "Don't illegally trespass. If you want to come onto my property, YOU should notify ME! And that's when I will tell you, "I will be hunting my property. And no you do not have permission to enter my property".

Bingo!