IGNORED

Would you take the shot/doe?

LPJR

I don't believe in the dry doe philosophy.most does will breed and most will have 2 to 3 fawns.some will drop earlier then some there is 2 ruts 3 ruts in jersey.the fawn I passed up yesterday was a 40lb animal and could easily survive on its own.the doe I shot last year for eab had a fawn with her and he was a regular visitor the duration of the season.this year he is a spike and would you know out of all the deer that frequented my setup last season he was the most cautious and always came in knowing something wasn't right.the survival rate for abandoned fawns Is pretty high.the fawns will make it they will join other does.if I have a doe with some fawns and they're big fawns starting to lose spots im sorry but mom is going for a ride in the back of a chevy to the butcher.its proper management you wanna take out older deer whether doe or buck.those fawns will make it so ya good shot 

I've harvested many deer in my lifetime!! Never  a spotted one! Come to think of it I don't think any doe's with fawns. I haven't hunted deer in the last 5 years. Call it what you will but the pursuit, challenge killer instinct faded. I'm going to give it another try this year. I was never ever a trophy hunter!! Many lean years where money was tight putting food on the table!$7.50 to $12.50 Big game license fees in that span era was a godsent! Same as it was at the turn of the 19th century but without regulations the whitetail deer in NJ became nearly extinct. It wasn't until hunting for deer was allowed again untill like 1950ish? My opinion of what you choose to shoot is your choice! Legal of course. My opinion do it don't only matters to me in my conscience I won't be a Karen and point fingers. Message to the new hunters they're out there for the first year looking to shoot a deer. My best wishes to you and your first attempt overcoming Buck fever. 😆👍

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

14 hours ago, Eyesofthewoods said:

Nothing quite like veal of venison so yes!  During rifle in PA you can shoot the mother and the yearlings would hang around not knowing making for easy pickings.  That being said I won’t shoot a deer with spots. 

My cousin calls fawns "milk-fed veal" 🤣