IGNORED

Is it worth it? Are you going out?

JHbowhunter

2 hours ago, hemlock said:

. Between the 30 mph plus winds and ice and snow in NY  waiting a day or so for better fishing conditions is smart. The trout will still be there waiting when it's 50- 60 degrees out. 

where about in ny are you? today i went to wappingers falls for work and drove over a couple good looking streams

39 minutes ago, bucky said:

I had the day off but cancelled, taking Friday and Monday instead, going to mix the days up between stripers and trout

I think Friday the rivers will be further up than tomorrow .

still warmer than winter black fishing .

going to give it hell early

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

42 minutes ago, Kype said:

where about in ny are you? today i went to wappingers falls for work and drove over a couple good looking streams

I'm on high point on the NY line but one of the streams you saw might be wappingers creek .I fish sullivan and delaware county. But wappinger creek gets a lot of trout every year  between state and other outlets. And all those creeks you saw if they don't have trout many have smallmouth even a few walleye too.There are some wild browns in wappingers biggest i ever caught there was around 22" hope this helped. 

Edited by hemlock

29 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

If so I will head north or to Pa on Friday until I find clean water and save the warmer days for striper fishing, weekend through Monday is looking good, 1 ft or less:up:

Edited by bucky

I really miss those opener days back in the 80's...........now I dont get to go since spring gets super busy.......the next month is 7 days a week.......for years as a kid my friends father would take us to Stevens State Park.........he would go off on his own ( smart on his part ) and come back at lunch and make us lunch on his gas grill.....then he would dissapear again for a few hours.......If you want to be remembered take a kid fishing.......Thanks Mr. Ujobai.......Rest in Peace.........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

I will be camping in Stokes and fishing the True Opener with the 3 kids I have been taking since they were about 10. They are adults now but its a tradition known as Trout Weekend

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

17 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

You'll be fine as our major NJ trout streams/rivers have all peaked and are falling.  Some are borderline for wading like the Musky at 403cfs right now, but it will drop to about 340 or so by Saturday. 

Our Hendrickson hatch will be starting next week.  It was moving along in a very predictable manner until last night's cold front, so we'll see what happens over the weekend.  This is the first major mayfly hatch that pulls fish to the surface, so for you dry fly purists like me, get ready to be on the water every afternoon and evening.  

Between work and a knee that needs minor surgery next Wednesday, my fishing has been severely limited, but that will change soon enough.  I'm far more focused on wild fish in the upper Delaware in NY and PA than NY mutant stockers.  I will also fish a brookie stream in Virginia in a week or so when we get back down there to restore a stream that feeds the Potomac River.