IGNORED

Is it worth it? Are you going out?

JHbowhunter

1 hour ago, Bucndoe said:

I will be camping in Stokes and fishing the True Opener with the 3 kids I have been taking since they were about 10. They are adults now but its a tradition known as Trout Weekend

Nice,son and i hunted there during 6 day of 2016  we Stayed in a Leanto for the week. It was cold till that wood stove was kicking out heat.  Planned to bring fishing rods for us fish on Sunday but had no room in the car for them.

17 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

You'll be fine as our major NJ trout streams/rivers have all peaked and are falling.  Some are borderline for wading like the Musky at 403cfs right now, but it will drop to about 340 or so by Saturday. 

Our Hendrickson hatch will be starting next week.  It was moving along in a very predictable manner until last night's cold front, so we'll see what happens over the weekend.  This is the first major mayfly hatch that pulls fish to the surface, so for you dry fly purists like me, get ready to be on the water every afternoon and evening.  

Between work and a knee that needs minor surgery next Wednesday, my fishing has been severely limited, but that will change soon enough.  I'm far more focused on wild fish in the upper Delaware in NY and PA than NY mutant stockers.  I will also fish a brookie stream in Virginia in a week or so when we get back down there to restore a stream that feeds the Potomac River.   

You'll be ok, I thought the handicapped access areas were made for fly fishermen;)