IGNORED

Are They Legal In Nj?

Zipper

It depends on the purpose. If you have an explainable legal purpose for possessing it then it's legal. 

Example... If you are fishing and using it as a fish billie it's legal.  

People think switchblades are illegal but the same applies.  It's the purpose for possessing thst determines if it is legal. If you are hunting and have a switchblade to use to gut an animal it's legal.  If you possess it to use for self defense or to commit a crime it's illegal.

Screenshot_20201215-220106.jpg

11 hours ago, nickmarch said:

It depends on the purpose. If you have an explainable legal purpose for possessing it then it's legal. 

People think switchblades are illegal but the same applies.  It's the purpose for possessing thst determines if it is legal. If you are hunting and have a switchblade to use to gut an animal it's legal.  If you possess it to use for self defense or to commit a crime it's illegal.

Sometimes you really wonder how dumb people are that they let laws like this happen. Its crazy

They are legal but you must 1st have a physiological evaluation, a background check with at least 3 recommendations from non family members who will to swear you are mentally competent and pay a fee of $150. Immigration status is irrelevant and the legs must come from a deer legally harvested out of state, no deer parts can be sold in the state of NJ

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

On 12/15/2020 at 10:07 PM, nickmarch said:

Incorrect Switchblade knifes are illegal by Statue 2c:39-3 as named , and after 28 years in Law enforcement I can tell you with the utmost certainty there is absolutely NO Lawful legal purpose in the eyes of the Courts to posses one. You get caught with one try to use that excuse 

with a judge and you're going to fry.  I don't want to see anyone jammed up because of bad info....

Edited by Bowhunter458

37 minutes ago, Bowhunter458 said:

Incorrect Switchblade knifes are illegal by Statue 2c:39-3 as named , and after 28 years in Law enforcement I can tell you with the utmost certainty there is absolutely NO Lawful legal purpose in the eyes of the Courts to posses one. You get caught with one try to use that excuse 

with a judge and you're going to fry.  I don't want to see anyone jammed up because of bad info....

If you have it while hunting Its an "explainable lawful purpose".  The statute that you quoted is the Statute shown in my post.

Edited by nickmarch