IGNORED

How was your year? - Deer Hunting

Rusty

I never hunted so few days. My little run-in with cancer did play a role... lol (my latest PSA did come back as a virtual zero, so, all is well.)  I never do hunt the summer season, unless you count elk, and with surgery on Oct 5, my fall season was basically non-existence. But I did manage to get out against Drs orders 33 days later and arrow a 10 pointer with my original bow I bought 50 years ago. Definitely a highpoint of my hunting career. Did some freezer-filling with the MZ. And then a week in Florida in late January where I didn't see a legal buck but the weather was phenomenal! All things considered I had one of the best seasons of my life

20190220_103128 (1).jpg

20190125_125721 (1).jpg

20190125_141952.jpg

without me, my rifle is nothing

1 hour ago, TDietz said:

I never hunted so few days. My little run-in with cancer did play a role... lol (my latest PSA did come back as a virtual zero, so, all is well.)  I never do hunt the summer season, unless you count elk, and with surgery on Oct 5, my fall season was basically non-existence. But I did manage to get out against Drs orders 33 days later and arrow a 10 pointer with my original bow I bought 50 years ago. Definitely a highpoint of my hunting career. Did some freezer-filling with the MZ. And then a week in Florida in late January where I didn't see a legal buck but the weather was phenomenal! All things considered I had one of the best seasons of my life.

Glad to hear that you got a clean bill of health TD. :up::up:

Taking a great buck with your first bow is too cool for words, congratulations.  

20 hours ago, LPJR said:

Like Rusty and others have said, the times spent together with friends and family while hunting is priceless. 

The times on stand, in the blind,  or in the woods with my son are some of the best times of my entire YEAR.

Watching Jr progress into a mature, respectful hunter over the last few years has been what it is all about for me.

We made more memories this past year together and were always laughing and having fun. All good stuff......I never want it to end......

20181119_174613.jpg

IMG_20181103_173014_440.jpg

Thats what its all about right there Lou

I let everything walk. Got a very late start this year. Hunted smart on the right winds only. Saw deer all season long and the property never burned out. Deer herd is down so shooting does made no sense. So I avoided shooting this buck all year. Watched him since last season. Intentionally stayed away from where he was every time I hunted. He showed up one too many times and although I wish I let him go he’s at jersey jay’s currently. 0FD98C2B-D341-41F0-B0B6-2DE53A74B412.thumb.jpeg.2e763aa93a7e0da1485a665c09d53ba7.jpeg

I hunt New York and NJ.  Shot a seven pointer in New York on 11/24/18 and a doe in NJ on 1/5/19. 

Just a regular hunter out for a couple of deer a year and more importantly; enjoying the outdoors.  I watched a fisher in New York for about a half hour on New York's opener and saw a nice buck mink working a small stream one day.  Those kind of things to me cannot be matched to much else. 

On 2/20/2019 at 11:09 PM, SABoy said:

I hunt New York and NJ.  Shot a seven pointer in New York on 11/24/18 and a doe in NJ on 1/5/19. 

Just a regular hunter out for a couple of deer a year and more importantly; enjoying the outdoors.  I watched a fisher in New York for about a half hour on New York's opener and saw a nice buck mink working a small stream one day.  Those kind of things to me cannot be matched to much else. 

:wwp: