IGNORED

How was your year? - Deer Hunting

Rusty

tt was a long year of limited ability to do most things. I did get opportunities to hunt close to home here and close to the road on the mountain. Passed on a couple of small bucks saving my tags for something worth the effort. There were some really good bucks running around. Just couldn't seem to get the timing down and not being able to get to where i needed to be didn't help.  October seemed to be the time I should have been pushing it, but I was limited with the restrictions of recovering foot surgery. 

Congrats to all of those hunters who scored on some fine looking bucks and healthy doe.

Edited by _X7

Thanks I still had some pictures of him in January but he disappeared..... Don't know if he was shot and I did not find his sheds 🙄hope he made it through the season.... The older I get it seems I cannot wait until the bone starts growing on their head again..... And the pursuit is on once again..... This is a great website had a blast my first year... Hope to be involved again next year more frequently.... Thanks again to all

2 minutes ago, Big Blue said:

Thanks I still had some pictures of him in January but he disappeared..... Don't know if he was shot and I did not find his sheds 🙄hope he made it through the season.... The older I get it seems I cannot wait until the bone starts growing on their head again..... And the pursuit is on once again..... This is a great website had a blast my first year... Hope to be involved again next year more frequently.... Thanks again to all

I'm the same way, older I get the more I love watching them grow and see what they turn into the following fall. 

We this was a heck of season for me. I never bow hunted before even though I have been a licensed hunter for over 30 years. This year I took the hunters safety course to get my bow license. I was able to take two deer. One buck in November, and one doe in January. Saw nothing during six day firearm. During fall bow I shot at a deer and missed. I learned a lot hunting with a good friend. I am now hooked on deer hunting. Can't wait till next season.

20181108_161002.jpg

10 hours ago, birddog144 said:

We this was a heck of season for me. I never bow hunted before even though I have been a licensed hunter for over 30 years. This year I took the hunters safety course to get my bow license. I was able to take two deer. One buck in November, and one doe in January. Saw nothing during six day firearm. During fall bow I shot at a deer and missed. I learned a lot hunting with a good friend. I am now hooked on deer hunting. Can't wait till next season.

Da-Ang birddog, you could put a saddle on that horse.  Congratulations on a great buck.  :up::up:

• 3 weeks later...

0739C51D-F36E-4FE4-A3CC-57B15CB4501E.jpeg

C39FF5CD-DD63-4B81-8DE6-4D315EC5A988.jpeg

62829838-065F-4D81-9698-5933F781A111.jpeg

497A7C78-D755-44A4-A941-C3DD7D69129F.jpeg

F63905AF-7A46-47E4-AF87-4603BC2D1938.jpeg

Did well in Kansas and saw a lot of bucks.  New Jersey not so much.  The last bunch of trail cam pictures where from NJ nothing too big.  I hope I see all of them again this year.  I would really like to see that split beam again. 

Edited by Live to Hunt

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈