IGNORED

Staying in Jersey

YurytheRed

8 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I like the fishery here .

we have 10 months of many different species to fish for.

and many of those are world class , and within reasonable travel times .

I need to fish more. Are you talking deep sea for world class? What species?

My wife works in Mahwah and I have a small pest control business here. Plus, my daughter is in college in NJ and my youngest son is still in high school. My oldest son is moving to California at the end of this year. So, I'm stuck here for a few more years. I'm the only one left in my family that's still in NJ. 

Edited by Tarhunt

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

I am here because that's where life placed me. I actually like NJ and for now I still make enough money to stay. However, it will not be long before I will move. Paying over $1k/month to keep the roof over my house, I already own, and other NJ tax scams, will not make any sense for much longer.  

Edited by Lunatic

Kids aren't out on their own yet. I told them a few months ago there is a 5 year plan for the wife and I to leave, so they better be able to support themselves by then because we are selling and downsizing out of state. They will be in their late 20's so that's not unreasonable, and they should start planning now. 

I will miss the food though, we have a ton of great restaurants around here that I think will be hard to match, no matter where we go. I just hope by then, my property taxes haven't risen to the point it makes it too tough to sell. If I see that coming, that 5 years will be shortened. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Im here because of my job and family. I do find good hunting and fishing away from people so im satisfied with being here as a sportsman (for now).  When i retire, i will most likely move to south carolina where i can find similar (if not better) outdoor experiences, keep more of my money (less taxes and living expenses), and just travel to desired hunting and fishing destinations 

Here because of the wife and kids also, but it doesn't stop, because they all stayed here, and we now have all our grandkids here.  My wife's parents moved to Florida long ago, and now here mother is in her 90's and by herself down there.  My wife doesn't want that to happen to her.

1 hour ago, YurytheRed said:

No doubt there are endless reasons to leave the state, cost, corruption etc., yet here we are. Why???? For me it's kids and the wifey. When the former are finished with their schooling I'm gone with or without the latter....:peace: 

Maybe her cooking will improve by then? :shock:

I will retire fall of 2021, my oldest will be a freshman in college, my youngest a sophomore in high school, would love to move out of NJ then but wouldn't be fair for my youngest, so I will stay I guess until she is done with high school, and I might just stay working a retire when she is graduates .....also my wife bitches everyday how she is 1 hour away from her brothers, and family, they don't pay my bills I tell her......I want to move to state that doesn't tax my pension, would love to goto tennessee but I know that won't fly.....so to stay local I can see going over the boarder into pennsylvania, but told if that's the case it will need to be at least one hour deep to see a decent reduction in property tax.......either way NJ will always be home, but this home sucks