IGNORED

Sunday firearm deer hunting-Thoughts?

Do you support Sunday firearm deer hunting in NJ?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Sunday firearm deer hunting in NJ?

• Yes on all public and private lands
    • Only on private lands
    • Only on public lands
    • No

Just now, dlist777 said:

I hate these threads....they just show how most people want whatever they dont do to be illegal for others.  I hate that way of looking at things.

Unless there is a real scientific reason (health of the population) we should allow as many options as possible....esp on private land.

only way more days of hunting is going to benefit everyone is if they put breaks back into the seasons.

Once deer start getting pushed , they go into places where no one can hunt.

Only takes a few days for them to go back  to normal.

But without it , it becomes a less quality watered down hunt

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Sunday firearm hunting should be allowed on private property.

It give people more time in the woods - families with kids in sports, people with less vacation time.

I see no issue.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

1 hour ago, Tbryant said:

Can't compare waterfowl to deer at all. Obviously the state doesn't care about the population. Look how liberal the seasons are but good for you you don't see a lack of deer but its pretty clear deer numbers are going down. 

Actually harvest numbers really don't support that..

12 minutes ago, Ryanm said:

This was a few weeks ago. I find it funny you’re all butt hurt that I can take a shed buck. But you’ll shoot a doe. That’s funny. You’re bent I’m taking deer I target. Must hit a sore spot.

You said your buddy is STILL slamming the seabass. And now you say it was weeks ago. I think you just caught yourself exaggerating. LOL. 

I've only hunted s hand full of sundays since its been allowed for bow..  Sunday is family day..  I'm mainly against Sunday hunting with gun because it will take days away from water fowl even if only deer hunting is allowed.. but I would adjust or just not hunt sundays..  but again feel that one day a week with little or no pressure gives especially from drivers gives them a needed break..  

I hunt with bow and gun and love both, but I can do without Sunday hunting  with either weapon. And for all you gun hunter haters that stare at a corn pile every time you go in the woods with a bow  have no reason to bitch with your 6 month season. Leave the bait at the bird feeder behind your house and get out there and hunt with your weapon of choice:up:

13 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

But harvest numbers remain relatively consistent.   Even with less hunters..  if numbers were as low as some think harvest totals would be low as well...

Depends how you look at relatively consistent. From 99-01 (very high license sale years) harvest #'s were about 72-73,000. The last three years were about 46,000. On paper 26,000 harvest, give or take, doesn't seem that much but when people harvest 2-3 deer a year, that's a significant decrease. Granted, some years are bad and some are good, but there's be an undeniable decrease since then.

Edited by Tbryant