IGNORED

Very poor customer service/butcher

LPJR

Tom the Butcher's father is T-Bone's Deer Master in New Village, Warren County. The guy is top notch. I was pushed his way by a butcher that he trained (along with Tom) who left the area. Anyway, they all have their quirks as people in every field do. I know a mechanic who is as about as hospitable as a cornered badger who I would go to every time because of his work which is always done right despite the BS. A rule I use is to give back the same sh*t people dish out. They eventually come around.

I don't care if the guy magically turns my entire deer into filet mignon, and lobster tails.. if he's got a piss poor attitude, and doesn't at least pretend that he appreciates my business, I wouldn't use his services if he were the last butcher on Earth. 

Edited by Hunter115522

Man, hard to believe butchers up north are this much of a problem.

I've been to a few in central and south NJ, and out in PA, and it's been great experiences thus far for the majority.

Hartman's Butcher in Berlin, NJ is phenomenal, great customer service and do an excellent job with a variety of products offered.

Ely's Pork Products out in Newtown, PA is also great.  Busy place, but 24 hour dropoff and always friendly.  All kinds of variety in product offerings.

Only shot a couple of deer so far, but I highly recommend Ely's. A bit pricey, but the Hot Rods are insane. Just my $.02

I use to live near TOM the BUTCHER, great operation, clean, professional shop, prices are reasonable, but my friend and I each got deer done by him......Italian sausage was garbage, so was the jerky, snack sticks was just ok, normal regular butchering was just fine

Man, hard to believe butchers up north are this much of a problem.

I've been to a few in central and south NJ, and out in PA, and it's been great experiences thus far for the majority.

Hartman's Butcher in Berlin, NJ is phenomenal, great customer service and do an excellent job with a variety of products offered.

Ely's Pork Products out in Newtown, PA is also great.  Busy place, but 24 hour dropoff and always friendly.  All kinds of variety in product offerings.

I agree! I'm in Cumberland County NJ and we sware by B and B deer processing! 24 hour drop off and excellent service! Bill Chiarelli 856-447-3239 and Bob Carrol 856-362-1058 :up:  :up:

Mathews Halon

United Bowhunters of NJ

NWTF - Tri County Longbeards

New Jersey Outdoor Alliance

Just dropped a doe off at the unname butcher. He weighs the deer now because to many people shoot 200 pound does and have problems with the amount of meat they get back. $130 for 10lbs of sauage, 5 lbs of hotdogs, some minute steaks and vacuum packed. Basic cut is $75.

I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.

I've been top Jorge & Sons, and can attest that the guy has ABSOLUTELY ZERO customer service skills....

.. That's the only butcher I've ever used. Top notch butcher and sausage is #1.. That's the bottom line.. As for his customer service skills, well, some days he's better at it then others.. but I can tell you from experience he will take what he dishes out..  And that's fair enough if you ask me.. :cupcoffee:

:D