IGNORED

Very poor customer service/butcher

LPJR

Just dropped a doe off at the unname butcher. He weighs the deer now because to many people shoot 200 pound does and have problems with the amount of meat they get back. $130 for 10lbs of sauage, 5 lbs of hotdogs, some minute steaks and vacuum packed. Basic cut is $75.

Is that normal? $130 for 15 pounds of meat plus some minute steaks? I thought a deer would yield more than that. But, of course, I've no idea, which is why I ask :)

Is that normal? $130 for 15 pounds of meat plus some minute steaks? I thought a deer would yield more than that. But, of course, I've no idea, which is why I ask :)

that's not how it works. 15lbs of "product" is what was taken out of the 45lbs or so of meat one would get out of an 85 lb doe for example. There would still be at least 30lbs of other cuts left...

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

that's not how it works. 15lbs of "product" is what was taken out of the 45lbs or so of meat one would get out of an 85 lb doe for example. There would still be at least 30lbs of other cuts left...

Ah... so you can ask for some of the meat to be made into specialties like sausage or sticks, and the rest is just left as regular steaks or things like that. Got it.

Mazzgolf he weighted the deer at 86lbs. I don't know if you are being a smart ass so I will cut you some slack but the 15lbs of sauage/hotdogs is extra to the basic cut. All I can say if you don't like him use someone else but judging from the amount of deer in the cooler he looks busy.

I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.

Well first you need to look for a clean operation and then go from there. Most butchers give you back the bones but no hide. The hide is sold by them. Also does the butcher have a cooler and a freezer? How does he wrap it? Paper, shoprite foam trays or vacuum pack?

I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.

Have been using Jorge & Sons since he was in Rockaway. I've never had a bad experience at either of his shops. The work is excellent, the shop is clean and my experience with turnaround has always been good. He has always given you back the bones and the hide and he's not the first butcher I've used who has done this. 

I wanna know who's shooting 200lb does?lololol the 3 places I use don't weigh deer if it's a full size deer it's the same price as a small deer but who the hell would even shoot a small deer and take to butcher.what type of butchers you guys got up there?I pay 50 at one place for regular cut plus ground 80 at one place if I want sausage and 60 at another place plus caping is only 5 bucks

I only go to elys but thats stopping just dropped alot of cash on everything i need to make burger sausage and a smoker to do bolonia and dogs snack sticks exc ill be happy to save cash in the future by doing my self

Theres more fun hunting with the handicap of a bow than the surness of a gun!The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind!

He gave me crap about skinning and quartering bears for customers this year's. Even called me on Tuesday of early bear week and told me to stop! Haha.....then gave a customer crap on Saturday because he brought him a quartered bear to butcher. Told my customer he may have to " visit" me in person. The customer told him. " not sure if that is going to be a good idea" No use for him in my book. He needs to worry about himself and not others.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk