IGNORED

Shooters Little Egg Harbor closing

vdep217

And another one bites the dust.

Seriously, in 10 years, where are we going to buy ammo (not to mention firearms)? All the local shops are going to be gone. We'll be left with BassPro in AC, and you can't even order what you want from them online... you hope when you get there that they have what you want behind the locked cages :whatever:

My nearest local shop is Bob's (who, BTW, just recently got rid of their entire archery department) - they usually have an OK supply of ammo, nothing great. And my go-to shop for firearms is almost an hour away -- Cheyenne Mountain. I pray they don't go anywhere.

3 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Seriously, in 10 years, where are we going to buy ammo (not to mention firearms)? All the local shops are going to be gone. We'll be left with BassPro in AC, and you can't even order what you want from them online... you hope when you get there that they have what you want behind the locked cages :whatever:

My nearest local shop is Bob's (who, BTW, just recently got rid of their entire archery department) - they usually have an OK supply of ammo, nothing great. And my go-to shop for firearms is almost an hour away -- Cheyenne Mountain. I pray they don't go anywhere.

There was a recent thread about guys saving some money buying ammo and supplies online.. Stores closing is a result of that. 

That sucks. In my area first they stopped carrying guns and ammo at Dick's, then L&H Woods closed for good so I started going to Shooters which was nice a but a bit of a drive. Now I will have an hour to the nearest store.

Ironically, in Sweden there were numerous places carrying guns and ammo within city limits and you can walk out with a new gun without hassle. Here in the US, where my Swedish friends think you can buy a semi-auto at Seven Eleven, I have to drive over an hour, produce multiple IDs, wait a week for a background check and then drive back to pick up my gun. Go figure...

Could be an opportunity to start a new facility.

Seems the County owned facility might become LEO only? How could a local gov have an FFL? Seems they want the range and the building?

I always wanted to have a place with an eatery, FFL, range, and a place for like minded individuals to gather, BS, and enjoy each others company. BUT NJ is not the place for me.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

We want to start this post by saying a huge THANK YOU to all our loyal customers, employees, friends and family for making the last 10 years such an unbelievable success. It has been our pleasure to serve, work with and meet each and every one of you.

For those of you that have not heard, the property where Shooter's is located is being sold to Ocean County. With Ocean County's plan to turn the property into a Regional Training Center for First Responders. In the future, Ocean County will be looking at the possibility of opening the ranges to the public.

Shooter's retail store will be relocating to where it all began... back to the Tip's Hardware building located at 218 Main Street, West Creek NJ 08092. Brielle the current store Manager at Shooter's, will be the new owner, with many of the staff joining her at this new location. Although we will not have the range facilities, you can still count on Shooter's to have the best quality inventory and of course our first-rate customer service. The relocation to the new building "Shooters Hardware" should happen at some point in January. Shooter's current store will remain open until the new location is ready to open. We wish Brielle and here entire team much success!

Shooters Hardware will be honoring all Shooter's gift certificates, layaways, repairs/warranties, and firearm transactions that are pending permits.

All range members will be issued a refund based on unused time. The ranges will officially close on December 31st 2023.

We will be having a customer appreciation sale beginning tomorrow on all in-store product. We will still be able to special order available firearms and add customers to the waitlist for future availability.

Customer Appreciation Sale 12/9/23 to 12/31/23! ALL SALES ARE FINAL!

10% off all Firearms $300 & under. $100 off all Firearms $301 - $750. $150 off all Firearms $751 - $1500. $200 off all Firearms $1501 & up.

$200 off all Safes $1500 & under. $300 off all Safes $1501 - $3000. $400 off all Safes $3001 & up.

30% off all Carhartt & Sitka Clothing 40% off all Decoys 40% off all Archery Supplies 25% off all Crossbows Up to 50% off all compound bows 20% off all in-store items not listed

22LR Mini-mags - 100rds $11 22LR Magtech - 300rds $30 22 Short - 100rds $6 38SPL - 50rds $25 357MAG - 50rds $30 380ACP - 50rds $18 380ACP - 1000rds $350 9MM - 50rds $16 9MM - 1000rds $275 40SW - 50rds $20 40SW - 1000rds $375 45ACP - 50rds $30 45ACP - 1000rds $500 223 55GR -20rds $8 223 55GR - 1000rds $350 223 62GR - 20rds $10 223 62GR - 1000rds $450 12GA & 20 Target Load 250rds $80 All other ammo 20% off

We wish Brielle, our employees and Ocean County much success in these exciting new endeavors.

Thank you, Shooters Sporting Center

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

Oh, sweet. I thought the entire thing was just going to "go away"... if it is just the range going away but the store simply relocating, then that's good news! :up:

Their public FB post: https://www.facebook.com/shootersnewjersey/posts/pfbid02r4C1xZkGR9RNJbR7AbqJ84Q9TmiVbvBhtZ37z5NgyJYA6we8CrWRnzqHN3R8L1m3l

Edited by mazzgolf

• 1 month later...

That's quite ridiculous considering Zillow has it valued at 3 million. I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say there was some shady backroom deal going on! I guess that's what we get from our elected officials these days... "I just want to get into politics to serve the people!" Out of their hard earned money!! What a JOKE! I'm pretty sure this place could have been built for way less!! 

Screenshot_2024-01-11-20-59-30-938.jpg

10 hours ago, mquintenz said:

That's quite ridiculous considering Zillow has it valued at 3 million. I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say there was some shady backroom deal going on! I guess that's what we get from our elected officials these days... "I just want to get into politics to serve the people!" Out of their hard earned money!! What a JOKE! I'm pretty sure this place could have been built for way less!! 

Screenshot_2024-01-11-20-59-30-938.jpg

Something is real shady cuz it is not even needed. 

On 12/7/2023 at 9:59 AM, mazzgolf said:

That’s the plan. No one will ship to NJ and no stores to buy from in person.