IGNORED

Shooters Little Egg Harbor closing

vdep217

Funny - just like a year or two ago the owner emphatically said they weren't going anywhere. I'm pretty sure I emailed them directly and asked that.

UPDATE: yeah, just looked at my old emails... last year, February 2022 I asked them... I said I heard the store is being closed, is that true? This is what they told me, "Fake news. It is being sold but will stay open just the way it is"

Edited by mazzgolf

36 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Funny - just like a year or two ago the owner emphatically said they weren't going anywhere. I'm pretty sure I emailed them directly and asked that.

UPDATE: yeah, just looked at my old emails... last year, February 2022 I asked them... I said I heard the store is being closed, is that true? This is what they told me, "Fake news. It is being sold but will stay open just the way it is"

Was told what the county gave the owners it would take them 20 years to make

I heard a rumor it was sold to a Jewish person last yr but they were guna keep it open as a sporting goods store…if so…seems a bit fishy that it changed hands so fast and now county blew a bunch of money on it for another training building when there is access to plenty of training areas already.  I wouldn’t be surprised this was in the plans for years and politics were bought w county $.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

Just now, Sotaroas said:

Seems like its definitely a move to stop the rumored development Kudos on that !

There mite be more to it than that. These quick turnover land/property swap deals for big time tax payer money for political purposes happen all the time. It sounds very similar to the Albocondo campground property on TR/Manchester border…property changed hands twice in 2 yrs and second owners made millions off county buying it.