IGNORED

Shooters Little Egg Harbor closing

vdep217

11 hours ago, mquintenz said:

That's quite ridiculous considering Zillow has it valued at 3 million. I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say there was some shady backroom deal going on! I guess that's what we get from our elected officials these days... "I just want to get into politics to serve the people!" Out of their hard earned money!! What a JOKE! I'm pretty sure this place could have been built for way less!! 

Screenshot_2024-01-11-20-59-30-938.jpg

When you buy a property with a profitable business on it you pay for potential, future revenue. It is not as simple as paying for what the property and everything on it is worth. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2024 at 9:30 AM, TroutandBucks said:

The store it self will be going back to its original location which is the current Tips Hardware store on rt9 in west creek 
So just an impact where to shoot but the gun store it self will be back

It's pushed the waiting list at Central Jersey Rifle Pistol to almost a year and half

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

8 hours ago, Sudsy said:

It's pushed the waiting list at Central Jersey Rifle Pistol to almost a year and      A       half

To crowed and overrun on weekends there are other options with better options and facilities and a hell of a lot Cheaper, 

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

1 minute ago, 1957Buck said:

To crowed and overrun on weekends there are other options with better options and facilities and a hell of a lot Cheaper, 

Central jersey is not that expensive after the initial initiation. You can use the indoor range 24/7

On 1/12/2024 at 9:07 AM, Lunatic said:

When you buy a property with a profitable business on it you pay for potential, future revenue. It is not as simple as paying for what the property and everything on it is worth. 

Yes just ask Trump.

On 12/7/2023 at 1:17 PM, Bojaffa said:

There was a recent thread about guys saving some money buying ammo and supplies online.. Stores closing is a result of that. 

I have seen stores come and go well before the internet.  Huffs in Union -2  Guys, state-wide Devegas  Union --- Bow Craft RT 22  -- Harrys  & the Sportsman  -  Effingers - English Town - Dicks Gun ammo section. Walmart had the same departments -- Sears - Mongomery wards -  And some local Hardware and Drug stores had a sideline.  And I am sure I missed a few.   

Closing Stores had many reasons, not just internet sales - Gun Ammo controls -Big box, or saving money there were enough customers that were loyal to each one.   The same with Firearm ranges I saw come and Go. everyone had their own story.  and the ones with outside ranges were the biggest losers, such as Earl and Englishtown 2 of the oldest.  

40 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Central jersey is not that expensive after the initial initiation. You can use the indoor range 24/7

Would a $60 one-time fee and  $3 use an hour be better  Central Jersy is a dump in comparison.  

298986490_562678438980414_8138789562054045648_n.jpg

355895858_787559416492314_7366976808457767958_n.jpg

4 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Would a $60 one-time fee and  $3 use an hour be better  Central Jersy is a dump in comparison.  

I've shot ft dix in fact used to teach hunter Ed thrre as well.  Would take central jersey any day. Plus do meetings and events you get credits twords membership dues.  The ability to shoot whenever I want literally.   Plus it's an organization that actively works for us on 2a issues

Edited by vdep217

57 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Only weekend mornings.

Weekend afternoons and weekdays are great, very few other people around. I shoot during the week and am alone as often as not.

Go to 3 meetings a year and you get $50 off the membership. $250 a year isn't bad.

The initial fee of $600 is painful but it's worth it as we own the property and can't be tossed off, like what is happening with Old Bridge 

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

17 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

$3 an hour? On an annual basis that would cost me more

And you've obviously never been to CJRP, if you have it was decades ago - the place is gorgeous, might be the nicest range on the east coast. You should see the just refinished trap n skeet ranges !

On 2/29/2024 at 8:42 AM, 1957Buck said:

Obviously you haven’t been to CJRP in a long time . Place has invested a lot of the dues money and it shows . Ranges are all concrete benches  with 100 -300 yards , private pit alleys for handgun and shotgun shooting , full trap area completely redone , no to mention all the clubs within the clubs . To each their own, if you shot occasionally probably not worth it but if you have family and like to shoot 3-4 times a month definitely worth it. 

I belong to CJRPC and they have everything in one place , never had an issue with getting a spot on the pistol ranges high power or general-purpose range even on the weekends. only time when there's fewer pistol pits is when they have the steel matches or the cowboy action events , sure its a little bit pricey to join but they do offer way more then any other place , Only regret i have about the place is not knowing about it sooner.