IGNORED

Tactacam Reveal / Missing Deer / Turkey / Bear Pics

Russ 11

Just now, Russ 11 said:

Several times in the last couple weeks my son has been on stand where we have cams and had deer , turkey , even a bear go by the cam and it never took the pic .  Anyone else notice this ?  Can only imagine how many other times it’s missing deer and other game going by .  

I have found that animals  grazing very slowly past them are missed a lot .

stuff moving by quickly seems to get picked up better 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

8 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I have found that animals  grazing very slowly past them are missed a lot .

stuff moving by quickly seems to get picked up better 

Agree, I have a pic this year of a good buck that it caught during a daily “check in” pic, but not one other pic of him and he was directly in front of it. I use cell cams but won’t not hunt because it hasn’t caught something good for that very reason

Edited by MGHunter66

AWM

13 minutes ago, Russ 11 said:

Several times in the last couple weeks my son has been on stand where we have cams and had deer , turkey , even a bear go by the cam and it never took the pic .  Anyone else notice this ?  Can only imagine how many other times it’s missing deer and other game going by .  

I found on the tactacams you’ll miss a real Lot if the camera is not level if it’s level I don’t think I miss much from 2ft out two 30. But if the grade or camera isn’t level to the grade I missed 60% or more

50 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

I always place a regular camera next to the cell camera for these reasons. Just my own thing I like to do. 

Todd has a backup camera watching the backup camera of the backup camera watching the main camera.  

Remember 1 is none, 2 is 1 and 3 is barely a backup.  

1 hour ago, smittty said:

I found on the tactacams you’ll miss a real Lot if the camera is not level if it’s level I don’t think I miss much from 2ft out two 30. But if the grade or camera isn’t level to the grade I missed 60% or more

I second this…imagine a line across dead center of the picture…my cam was at a little angle down and I would watch deer infront of it and get no pics of them…lowered the cam and put it perfectly level and now it catches everything even birds mid flight.

Was the camera up high angled down ?

I prefer to put my tactacams so the trail or expected line of travel is from top to bottom  , vice versa  or an angle across screen.

If up high and the target walks across the screen and never cross center field of view  it may not trigger. 

Pay attention to that red line when setting

A  few  factors on cell cameras that make it miss pictures but the 3 biggest are angle , low battery and low tower at the time of sending. If it can’t send right away it stores it to your card so check your cards every once and a while and you will find most of your  Missing pics that where never sent.