IGNORED

Day 2 of B week

Rjtfd

Hunted yesterday had 2 really good Toms fired up. Came to 5 yards and stopped. Wasn’t in position for the shot. Needed them to keep walking past to my decoy but something stopped them. Either they knew I was there or they didn’t like my decoy. Either way they turned back where they came from and continued to gobble. The wind yesterday made it very hard. Had gobbling up until noon but couldn’t pull them out other than the first two in morning. 
Light rain on and off this morning. 
Good luck to all that’s out.

IMG_0571.jpeg

IMG_0569.jpeg

20 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Awesome pics

good luck 

been very quiet here the last two mornings.

only saw a hen yesterday.

Yesterday not a sound on the roost but once they flew down they were pretty vocal. Rain coming down pretty good now. 

26 minutes ago, Rjtfd said:

Yesterday not a sound on the roost but once they flew down they were pretty vocal. Rain coming down pretty good now. 

Actually pretty nice here in Stockton. 
same lone hen as yesterday here now 

another hour will move to another big wood lot 

hoping to find one that wants to make some noise 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Well, we had 3 birds hammering this morning, including one at about 100 yards away and some douche canoe 🛶 from the property next door shows up at 5:45 AM making all kinds of noise loading his gun and slamming his truck door. 

That ended the hunt & shut the birds right up. It spoiled our morning of waking up at 3:30 AM and driving a half hour & getting set @ 0500.

I so wish that guy is on this forum and sees this, because you have to do better….

Edited by hendryhill

Finally got to hunt solo today after taking people last week and yesterday. Had a mile walk in this am, wasn't really in a rush, hadn't scouted this area but usually always holds birds. Walked in around 5:30, heard a couple birds in various directions, put my gun up against a tree to pull up onX to decide what I was gonna do here and which I was gonna go for..I texted a buddy who also hunts the area around 6:10 and told him it was quiet. No sooner do I do that, one of the birds sounded closer now. Ok, I guess this bird made my mind up for me, lol. So I just sit under this tree, get my decoy out and get ready. 6:25 bird finally hit the decoy in range and I was back to the truck by 7. 

35 minutes ago, chenrossi said:

Finally got to hunt solo today after taking people last week and yesterday. Had a mile walk in this am, wasn't really in a rush, hadn't scouted this area but usually always holds birds. Walked in around 5:30, heard a couple birds in various directions, put my gun up against a tree to pull up onX to decide what I was gonna do here and which I was gonna go for..I texted a buddy who also hunts the area around 6:10 and told him it was quiet. No sooner do I do that, one of the birds sounded closer now. Ok, I guess this bird made my mind up for me, lol. So I just sit under this tree, get my decoy out and get ready. 6:25 bird finally hit the decoy in range and I was back to the truck by 7. 

Congrats 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/