IGNORED

E vehicles continue to climb

hammer4reel

19 minutes ago, CapeCod said:

I’ve personally seen 3 disabled on the shoulders with roadside assistance in 1 week. Not sure of their issues but 1 was being pulled onto a flatbed. Seeing 3 in such a short time frame was enough to heighten my suspicions about their reliability 🤷

Probably just needed a 5 gallon can of electricity. 

I'm your Huckleberry :devious:

I've read several stories recently in liberal media outlets lamenting the fact that of the electric vehicles being made, only the rich can afford and are buying them.  Duh, they freaking cost a mint.  How did they think everyone could afford to buy two let along one?  That said, I stayed at a hotel in Greenwich, CT last week on a job.  They had two Tesla charging stations and most days we saw at least one more Tesla double parked trying to send a message to the other two car owners that they also need to be recharged.  And we are only at 1% of all vehicles being electric right now.  The charging stations just aren't there.    

55 minutes ago, CapeCod said:

I’ve personally seen 3 disabled on the shoulders with roadside assistance in 1 week. Not sure of their issues but 1 was being pulled onto a flatbed. Seeing 3 in such a short time frame was enough to heighten my suspicions about their reliability 🤷

Extreame heat n batteries don't mix

4 minutes ago, Sako76 said:

There 280-285 million vehicles in the US, how are we supposed to charge all these vehicles if we go all electric?

You can’t , grid structure can’t even support 20 % of that 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

To each his own .I will stick with gas , natural gas  or diesel until something better comes along . JCPL, or first energy or what ever there called now  grid definitely  cannot handle anymore electric draw. When Sandy hit and guys from Ohio were here working said most of NJ system is antiquated . 

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

You can’t , grid structure can’t even support 20 % of that 

And to make it support it would be the equivalent of paying $12-$15/gal. The Greener’s always put the cart before the horse. Typical emotional over logical thinking 

AWM

All these people with the electric cars talking about how much they save in fuel costs kill me because they are ignorant to the fact the fed government and states fund a significant amount of roadwork and highway projects thru the per gallon tax on fuel, and as more people switch over to all electric both state and federal governments realize they'll lose this per gallon revenue and have been working on plans to implement a per mile tax on electric vehicles to offset the loss. I've seen some estimates as high as several thousand dollars a year depending on how many miles you drive.

I saw a few things where they were talking about the fact that because all these new electric vehicles have some sort of datalink (i.e. over the air updates or  diagnostic feedback from vehicle), the vehicles will directly report the mileage to the government taking you the middleman out of the equation.   

Just remember the government will always get it's slice of the pie whether it's per gallon on fuel or per mile on electric.