IGNORED

2022 Deer Dates/Harvest Per Zone

BHC

Z5 still  running shotgun 1/7 through 1/31.... Burns my ass but still better than some zones that take shotgun right into February. 

Why still have traditional "6 day" with two buck tags?. Just call it shotgun season, and give one buck tag for that week and one for permit. 

Yeah bow snob here...  it is what it is.    Still want two flexible buck tags per hunter, any weapon, any season.   But that will never happen

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

5 hours ago, BHC said:

I'm not happy with these long, stressful seasons like many on here. Just because the state of NJ allows it doesn't mean you have partake in it. Police yourself, it's that simple...we all know the state does this for $$$$ not benefit us as hunters or the deer

Yeah, I'd like to see bowhunters police themselves and forgo the first 4/6/8 weeks of the season.:rofl:

6 hours ago, BHC said:

I'm not happy with these long, stressful seasons like many on here. Just because the state of NJ allows it doesn't mean you have partake in it. Police yourself, it's that simple...we all know the state does this for $$$$ not benefit us as hunters or the deer

this could go for a lot more than just deer. fluke come to mind lol...it's Ironic some get upset having a flexibility to recreate within, but lose their minds when something becomes less or more restrictive at the same time. 

I still get my very own regulations set all to myself.  Zone 6 has several different community based deer management hunts to help reduce residential areas with too many deer.  Set #4 (zone 6 only) allows bow hunters to shoot unlimited female deer while keeping firearm seasons short and limited.  

It's not perfect but in an imperfect world it's a good compromise.