IGNORED

License for Public land

Brandon

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So I live in hunterdon County. So I need to buy a regular liscence plus a bow permit and a permit for for whatever zone I'm hunting in plus a buck permit and a doe permit??

You’ll need:

Resident Archery License

Extended bow permit (for your zone), plus buck tag

31 minutes ago, Rusty said:

If you wait for January all you will need is a 2022 archery license.   If you want to hunt before then you will need this year's archery license and an extended bow permit plus a buck tag.  

:agree: Will Ferrell Agree GIF

• BowhunterNJ changed the title to License for Public land
9 hours ago, Rusty said:

If you wait for January all you will need is a 2022 archery license.   If you want to hunt before then you will need this year's archery license and an extended bow permit plus a buck tag.  

IF you want to shoot a buck you will need a buck tag, but I agree with Rusty at this point wait until  Jan. and hunt winter bow with an archery license , then the following fall season you will need all your permits if you want to hunt extended bow

You'll absolutely LOVE the permit process in New Jersey. It's great- not a flaw at all - all the regulations and permits  really make total sense. Especially how much money each permit costs! what a bargain

I hope you sensed my sarcasm. The NJ Digest can be found on this site - as long as you have your archery license from another state i believe that will make your process a lot easier. You can hunt 6-day firearm with a bow, but again read the regulations. Leasing private land really shouldn't be an issue for you, and i dont know exactly who they are but i know there's a couple of hunting clubs out there in hunterdon county - im sure you can find em. Best of luck.  LETS GO BRANDON!

14 hours ago, Jerzguy2 said:

I hope you have already taken the safety test or have a license from another 

Yes I have a liscence from another state. I took my hunters safety course back in late 80's or early 90's . I get the sarcasm, the regulations in this state are ridiculous! I've only had to pay $25 for a big game liscence with no other special permits to hunt WMA's or private land with a bow or gun. Just whatever was in season. That's why I asked what seemed like a stupid question. I know now not to ask and just figure it out on my own. It's tuff moving half way across the country not knowing anyone or anything about where it is your goin. Then try to find somewhere to hunt without stepping on somebody's toes. Then deal with NJ fish and game website that says you need this permit for here and this permit for there and just a whole array of BS . On top of that you gotta deal with the locals that grew up here and let me tell you right now, that's a whole new level folks! Most are helpful and very friendly and some well not so much.  Thank you all for your help. I wish you all the best of luck on your hunt.