IGNORED

Murphy's proposed ban on .50 Cal?

1 hour ago, JimC1965 said:

34 people under the age of 19 overdosed in New Jersey in 2021. Over 2800 people total are dead from drugs year to date. Far more people die from drugs each year then guns. Add in alcohol related deaths and gun related deaths are barely a blip on the radar. 

Never adresses that channel 12 News.:whistling:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

They also want to make it mandatory so that if you  move into NJ  you have 30 days to apply for an FID and register any firearms you bring bring with you.

With current "ambiguity" in how each town processes/approves FIDs, not to mention applicants prior addresses will be out of state so background checks will be a mess, how is this even feasible. I'm thinking this will just bog down the system even worse than it is...

Here's an article to the links to the proposed laws... Why do all our democrat governors have to suck?

"And while lame duck is the last chance Democrats will have to pass legislation before they enter the new session with a smaller majority, Democrats may now be leery of tackling progressive policy because all 120 seats in the Legislature are up for grabs again in two years."

Crazy thing is - Sweeney might be the only one who can stop this. Or maybe some of these Democrats might finally see that they could lose their seat and decide it isn't worth it to get rid of .50 caliber (I mean, seriously, when was the last time ANY crime was committed with a .50 centerfire??????) And I love the part about how you will need to get a FID within 30 days of moving into the state --- who can even GET a FID within 30 days in this state?!?!? Took me 8 months back in the day.

https://www.nj.com/politics/2021/12/murphy-top-democrat-push-for-new-round-of-gun-control-laws-in-nj.html

Maybe I'll buy one before the ban takes effect. Lol. Their are a couple single shot 50s that are affordable.  The scope will probably cost more. 

Problem in this state is only a couple ranges will actually allow someone to fire one there.  Lol. I may know (or not) someone who has one and he has to go over to Pa to play with it.